Lightning

From the "I'm an idiot" collection...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 31Charlie
So me (driver) and my buddy (gunner) and our squad leader (TC) are out doing a patrol in our gun truck. We stop on top of a hill that over looks the ocean. I put the HUMVEE in neutral and put the E-brake on. I get out and start talking to my squad leader while our gunner starts to dismount. For whatever reason he decides to get out using the driver's door.

Now our gunner isn't fat, but he is a big guy. And as he struggled to get out some part of his flailing body hit the e-brake. I can still see the look on his face as the HUMVEE started rolling down the hill. Now I'm signed for this truck, and if it rolled down into the ocean, Id probably be in a lot of trouble. So I take off running after this truck that has started to slowly roll down the hill. When I reach the truck the gunner is still fighting to get out. I guess a part of his LBV got caught on something. So picture a Hume rolling down a hill with me trying to get in to stop it and the gunner trying to get out of the same door.

Finally the gunner unhooks himself and jumps out of the Hume taking me with him. I can only stare as the truck continue on its path to ruin all of our careers. You might be wondering what our squad leader thought of all this. The whole time he was on top of the hill smoking a cigarette very nonchalantly. I looked back, and after taking another puff he said slowly, 'Just let it go man, just let it go.'

So what happened to the Humvee? It turned out right before the hill ended and the sea began the world curved up causing the HUMVEE to roll back and forth before finally coming to a stop a in a small gully. Its funny now, but at the time I thought I was about to be PFC Charlie.

31C
What MOS is a 31C?

Old 12-31-2005, 06:42 AM
#1 stupid

The other day my battery went dead.
I went out to my truck and pushed the unlock button on the remote,nothing..
I started to panic ive got to get to work.how am i going to get into my truck with no power and the remote not working,
A few seconds later i relized that it prob. would be okay as the key was also in my hand.

Old 12-31-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt
What MOS is a 31C?
Radio Operator, it is now known as a 25C. My other MOS is 11B.

I also just realized how off topic this thread is getting (as in not Lightning related).

31C

Old 01-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by 31Charlie
Radio Operator, it is now known as a 25C. My other MOS is 11B.

I also just realized how off topic this thread is getting (as in not Lightning related).

31C
I used to be an 18B back in the day.

Old 01-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by #18 of 6381
The other day my battery went dead.
I went out to my truck and pushed the unlock button on the remote,nothing..
I started to panic ive got to get to work.how am i going to get into my truck with no power and the remote not working,
A few seconds later i relized that it prob. would be okay as the key was also in my hand.

Old 01-23-2006, 06:30 PM
I've got a couple;

Heard a rattling sound coming from the front passanger side woofer in my BMW 3er. Thought I had blown the speaker...drove it to the dealer who reported that the diagnostic disk sounded fine. Rattle still there later, went to another dealer. Three times total. Finally found out it was the pens in the door storage compartment rattling around sounding exactly like a blown woofer.

Another time I got a brand new pack of smokes at a convienence store. Hopped in my Jeep and got on the freeway. Pulled the plastic off the top of the pack and threw the pack out the window. I haven't littered since.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:03 PM
I still recall with chagrin a few years back when I was about out of gas on my way to work and stopped at a station - went inside and paid the guy $10 - and about 10 minutes later on the road I was mystified as to why my gas guage was still near "empty" - suddenly dawned on me - I hadn't pumped the gas!

PS: Did the same thing a few years later, but recalled it only a few blocks away so I whipped around and went back and pulled up to the same pump and pumped my gas. I sure didn't want to go into the station and have to beg for my gas, ha, ha.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:51 AM
Not the kewlest storey on here, but I felt stupid...

I bought my truck 3 months ago, and it was pretty much stock as far as motor work. I was told it had a 12lb pulley o nit from a dealer who knew ****, a 12lber is unheard of, but I messure the puuly, and it's a stocker just by looking, and I messure the upper with a straight edge, got a hair under 3" so I figured it was stock as well, 2.93. well, this weekend... Nope, I was wrong, long storey short, it's a 2.80 and I had a tune for stock pullies. Well, I got the correct tune now, and it feels much better, seat in the pants improvment.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by HalfTime
Not the kewlest storey on here, but I felt stupid...

I bought my truck 3 months ago, and it was pretty much stock as far as motor work. I was told it had a 12lb pulley o nit from a dealer who knew ****, a 12lber is unheard of, but I messure the puuly, and it's a stocker just by looking, and I messure the upper with a straight edge, got a hair under 3" so I figured it was stock as well, 2.93. well, this weekend... Nope, I was wrong, long storey short, it's a 2.80 and I had a tune for stock pullies. Well, I got the correct tune now, and it feels much better, seat in the pants improvment.
A 2.8 barely gives you barely 1lb of extra boost. No effect whatsoever on the tune unless you want a more aggressive one. Which is obviously what you have.

TB

Old 01-24-2006, 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by TrackBeast
A 2.8 barely gives you barely 1lb of extra boost. No effect whatsoever on the tune unless you want a more aggressive one. Which is obviously what you have.

TB
Yea, kind of what I was thinking, but it still feels much better top end, it was running ritch befor, now that it's fixed... hell, I think my truck is faster every time the sun shines and it's clean, so imagin how I felt "knowing" I had a 2.80 with the proper tune installed.

EDIT: Putting the 4lber and TR6s on this weekend.

Old 01-24-2006, 02:12 AM
Here is story that happened to me a several weeks ago and boy did I feel stupid.

Well you know there are times when logic, any reasoning plays no part and/or where the brain says how stupid can I get. So I thought the battery is dead right. Well my negative cable is extremely corroded and a little moist. My first genius move is instead of just getting the baking soda to clean the cable I bust out the wire brush. I start brushing away with the fully acidic tiny specs flying everywhere. Mind you I have no shirt on. All of sudden as I am brushing I am feeling this burning on my chest and upper arms but I am still brushing. Then I am like **** I am getting the acid specs all over me. By this time the burning is getting bad. So my next genius move. I need to get this **** off so I see a rag. Brain says grab and wipe the specs off. Well I am wiping away only to make the burning worse. Then it clicks I am wiping the acidic specs all over my chest and arms. By this time the burning is about to get unbearable. I am in panic mode thinking what to do. Brain and body were not in sync today. Then I am like I got to get in the shower. So I am flying up the stairs taking my shorts and underwear off as I am going. If the burning wasn't enough my feet get tangled as I am undressing with my hands entangled in the shorts I do a face plant right in the stairs. I do a loud **** as it hurt as hell. I get my bearings and run into the shower. I throw the water on immediately and the cold water blasts on me. I get the instant shock of the 55 degree water and start dancing around as if I am break dancing back in the 80s. I do this for about ten minutes with soap until the burining stopped. I get out of the shower and dry off and I stand in the mirror naked looking at myself seeing that jack *** look with Stupid all over it. After all this Susan goes to me what the hell was all that. I tell her she couldn't stop laughing. Although I consider myself pretty smart I can get real stupid with the best of them. I just felt like sharing the story today. Lets just say I got :own: ENJOY

Old 01-24-2006, 03:04 AM
Mine's not as good as some of these, but its a stick-shift story. I have almost no experience in driving a manual tranny having never owned one. I was considering buying a friends AWD Galant VR4 (turbo). While I new the "principles" of how the clutch worked, it was only the second time I'd ever been in a car with one.

Just verifying what I had to do I asked "so all I have to do is press the clutch, bring up the RPMs and then let it go right?" to which he answered "yup"...so I started it up, gave it a little guess and he said "no no, it needs more then that", so I rev'd it up to 4500 is and then just let go of the clutch, lol.

Needless to say we took off like a hole-shot down the street scaring the crap out of both of us. When we stopped he said, "oh, right, I forgot to mention let the clutch up slowly and not THAT much gas."

Nice, have fun on the newbie. lol.

--Dan

Old 02-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Thought I would add to this thread:

My girlfriend and I went to the movies with another couple. After the movie we all go out to our vehicles and as I'm starting my truck my girlfriend says I'm smoking a ciggarette in your truck(Its maybe 20* out). Shes knows there is absolutly no smoking in my Lightning so I say like hell you are and lock the doors. I start my truck and go back over to talk while they smoke and realize I locked my keys in the truck and its running. I think no problem I have keyless entry right, WRONG. I forgot the code. So after a half hour of entering random codes that I think are the code it opens. And all my girlfriend has to say is "you couldn't just let me smoke in your truck, could ya."

Old 02-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Heres mine

So I had my L for about 3 days. i'm sitting on a two lane road waiting to turn left, traffic clears, i look in my rear view some kid in a honda is behind me revving his engine. so i say yeah eat this, i give it just a little gas and i have the wheel turned(trying to turn left remember), the truck does just a little shy of a 180 in the middle of the road, so i have to back up in order not to go in the ditch, just as i do i see flashing lights a 1/4 mile down the road. yeah he saw it. so i get going down the road i turned on to. and punch it. then i think about it and i stop turning onto another back road. i was on that road before the cop even got to the original road i turned on. but i stop. i give him this sad story that i didnt know it was going to do that and that i had just bought the truck. he scared me for about 15 minutes and he talks to another cop that pulled up. i have no idea why but he let me go scott free.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Not enough public humiliation in this thread. Back in the day I had a really nice 67 Chevy II SS. It had the 327/350 and some work done to it. It was my daily driver but I raced it occasionally. Once at the Street Nationals at Speed World in Orlando I was staging and edged too far forward. Yep, you guessed it, I backed up and left the M21 in reverse. Now keep in mind the stands are packed. When I popped the clutch the car lurched backwards and the guy working the water trough probably soiled his undies. To make matters worse a spider gear in the differential broke. I had to limp down the track at about 5 mph with the rear end clunked every foot and then call my girlfriend's uncle to tow me home.

Honestly the most humiliating moment in my life. Looking back now I have to agree with everyone in the stands, it's quite funny.

David