Lightning

4" shackles please read

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Silver-Bolt
Here is a wild idea. If they do not perform as claimed return them. If money is no longer being made on bogus claims perhaps problems like this will cease. That will also show who truely stands behind the products that they sell. I see no reason that a parts buyer should be out any money if the product does not do what it is claimed to do. Time to start making things right. In my industry if my parts do not perform up to my claims I will replace them or refund the cost ASAP. That's the difference between making a customer and making a sale. As long as there are profits to be made from bogus claims they will continue.

When I do that it is somehow wrong...

Old 05-13-2003, 02:00 PM
Re: one of my favorites

Originally posted by jagged edge
Ram air for a super charged engine. What makes it better is the pick-up is 4-5 inches off the pavement that you could fry an egg on.
JE
My air intake is 4-5 inches off of the hot ground and it works very well...

Old 05-13-2003, 02:30 PM
When I do that it is somehow wrong.
Nothing Guido and the boys can't fix.

Perhaps a few trips through small claims court will start encouraging vendors to be accountable. Most states have a $5000 limit on small claims. All paper work is available either on-line or via snail mail. Most states will have the county sheriff serve the papers. Not that I am an advocate for lawsuits but sometimes they are necessary.

Old 05-13-2003, 02:33 PM
Let's hear from JLP on this...

Old 05-13-2003, 02:35 PM
Nothing Guido and the boys can't fix.

Perhaps a few trips through small claims court will start encouraging vendors to be accountable. Most states have a $5000 limit on small claims. All paper work is available either on-line or via snail mail. Most states will have the county sheriff serve the papers. Not that I am an advocate for lawsuits but sometimes they are necessary.
Ours is $15K.

Old 05-13-2003, 02:53 PM
Here is a wild idea. Everyone that bought the 2-3-4 shackles expecting to get a full 4" drop why don't you remove them and return them to place of purchase? If they do not perform as claimed return them. If money is no longer being made on bogus claims perhaps problems like this will cease. That will also show who truely stands behind the products that they sell. I see no reason that a parts buyer should be out any money if the product does not do what it is claimed to do. Why is everyone sitting on these parts? Time to start making things right. In my industry if my parts do not perform up to my claims I will replace them or refund the cost ASAP. That's the difference between making a customer and making a sale. As long as there are profits to be made from bogus claims they will continue.
Ok, So when I take my old "2 inch shackles" off that only give a little over 1 inch drop I'll send them back and demand a full refund.

Old 05-13-2003, 03:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: one of my favorites

Ram air for a super charged engine. What makes it better is the pick-up is 4-5 inches off the pavement that you could fry an egg on.
JE
Do you have Temperature Layer data by inches to support
this? I would imagine that the first 5 feet over just about
ANY surface wouldn't show much diferentiation. Does that
make the RAM air non-functional? Don't think so ...

Old 05-13-2003, 07:23 PM
Re: Re: one of my favorites

Originally posted by SVT_KY
Do you have Temperature Layer data by inches to support
this? I would imagine that the first 5 feet over just about
ANY surface wouldn't show much diferentiation. Does that
make the RAM air non-functional? Don't think so ...
On a hot sunny day at the track take your shoe off and touch your foot to the pavement. That burning sensation is caused by hot pavement. It would stand to reason the air just above that pavement would be hotter than the ambient temperature. Have you ever seen a hot road and the air just above it is wavy, that's heat rising. If you don't agree that's fine, maybe things work different in your world and mine is all screwed-up.
JE

Old 05-13-2003, 08:09 PM
Re: Re: Re: one of my favorites

On a hot sunny day at the track take your shoe off and touch your foot to the pavement. That burning sensation is caused by hot pavement. It would stand to reason the air just above that pavement would be hotter than the ambient temperature. Have you ever seen a hot road and the air just above it is wavy, that's heat rising. If you don't agree that's fine, maybe things work different in your world and mine is all screwed-up.
JE
JE ... take time to READ ... I see no place that I talk about
SURFACE. We are concerned with AIR TEMPS. I concede
that your FEET (In contact with hot surface) are much hotter,
but is your waist measurably cooler than your knees?

Didn't think so ...

Old 05-13-2003, 08:11 PM
As long as there are profits to be made
from bogus claims they will continue.
Right on, Bro ...

Old 05-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by suds5.4
Let's hear from JLP on this...
You'll have to wait a week...he just left for WFC. Unless he dials in while he's out there....

Old 05-13-2003, 08:53 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: one of my favorites

Originally posted by SVT_KY
JE ... take time to READ ... I see no place that I talk about
SURFACE. We are concerned with AIR TEMPS. I concede
that your FEET (In contact with hot surface) are much hotter,
but is your waist measurably cooler than your knees?

Didn't think so ...
where is your intake... isn't just under the bumper?
JE

Old 05-13-2003, 08:56 PM
I dont hink JL neessarilly needs to post on this.I dont think Jl is trying to decieve anybody.hes just tring to give you a little more drop rather than force you to go with hangers also.I do however feel he shouldnt call them 4 inch drop shackles and i dont feel ANY shackle unless packaged with a hot blonde is worth $120 after shipping..........The holes sre 4" apart you know.......You just aint getting the drop thats advertised.

Old 05-14-2003, 05:05 AM
Man, I am sorry for sturring the pot on this one guys...

You have to be real careful when you think about buying modded parts for anything...Think of it this way...What is the negatives to these mods??? The shackles do drop your truck, at the expense of pinion angle(did I mention the SCREW diff whines big time), dropping just the shackle side is wrong, you have to drop both the front and back(suspension geometry 101)...

I learned it the hard way, although, I still have them on the truck, and guess what, I am going to work through it and finish the job and relocate the front spring hangers(just labor-no parts)...

I AM NOT going to drop shackle the PSD, I will do it right and relocate the front/rear spring hangers...about two" on the frame use grade 8 fasteners and tack weld...It will sit level(like it is supposed to)

Can't use any light weight stuff there when you want to put 800 FT LBs to the ground... and try to get a 7000+lb slug 2WD through the 1/4 in 12 secs...

Again, I apoligize for stepping on anyones toes..This was not my intentions..Just trying to pass along some good info and a lesson learned the hard way...

Lets drop those rear ends (like they are supposed) and make them look like they are supposed to...not to mention get some weight on the back tires..

Old 05-14-2003, 05:08 AM
OOPS, there is a world of difference between a COOL air induction Vs. a Ram air Package..

In Texas, I dont use/recomend any product that takes air for under the hood(FIPK)..You lose HP in the summer gulpping up 160 degree air..

I better stay out of this one...Sorry....

Quick Reply: 4" shackles please read