Lightning

very stupid guys today, or maybe i'm stupid

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very stupid guys today, or maybe i'm stupid

ok, i'm selling some 99 svt contour heads, with cams

and some of the techs start talking to me about a L lower s/c pulley that i got off a truck, that i'm also selling.

they told me that the 2002 L's have smaller upper s/c pulley, i tired to tell them they are wrong, but they wouldn't listen.

as far as i know the 99+ L's have the same pulley sizes, i know the 99,00 have a different design, but the sizes haven't changed.

i think one of the stupid service addvisers, that has a L told them that they changed.

the only upper pulley that has changed size is the HD f150, which is bigger then the L's for less boost

still i wonder, i work in a good dealership, and some of these guys just blow my mind, with their lack of knowledge of some things, sure they do know more then me on most stuff, but not L's

Old 05-05-2003, 08:50 PM
Sounds like one of the techs that told one of us that the s/c uses eng. oil for its lubrication:o .......

Dan

Old 05-05-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by LIGHTNINROD
Sounds like one of the techs that told one of us that the s/c uses eng. oil for its lubrication:o .......

Dan
That was me!!! That was me!!!
I hate when people try to tell me about stuff they know nothing about!!

Old 05-06-2003, 01:10 AM
Unhappy

Like when I brought my truck in with the leaking intercooler and the service advisor told me that they would have to pressure test the cooling system because that's where the coolant in the i.c. reservoir came from.

Quick Reply: very stupid guys today, or maybe i'm stupid