Lightning

10 sec. HD Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"We'll catch you there"Cat",bring your chedda."

more like bring my chedda........

Jagged Edge:
i met you in fla. and i thought we had no problem with each other while i was there we had a good time... but now your getting involved in something that really dosn't concern you..James know's exactly what he owes me and i'm not going to put all the details for you or anyone else to see on this public forum....

I'm sure if i ripped people off for thier hard earned $$. someone would *WARN* everyonelse about us. that would only be right.. You seem to be happy with james then keep your buisness their.. but you say JLP rips people off with our Snake Oil parts.. and yet you defend someone who has *Stolen* Over a grand in parts he refuses to pay for? whats with that?.... JL

Old 04-20-2003, 10:10 PM
With all tihs talk of "stolen" parts, I have a question for Johnny and Jim.

Why would you send parts to people who havent paid for them first?

I sure as hell know if I called up any of you, said I wanted/needed several grand in parts, but I had no money, I would be told to come back when I had money.

Makes you think all there stories of "so and so owes me money" is a bunch of BS.

Old 04-20-2003, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnnyLightning

James know's exactly what he owes me and i'm not going to put all the details for you or anyone else to see on this public forum....

and now you're not going to go into details, why start it then?

Old 04-20-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyLightning
"We'll catch you there"Cat",bring your chedda."

more like bring my chedda........
Jagged Edge:
i met you in fla. and i thought we had no problem with each other while i was there we had a good time... but now your getting involved in something that really dosn't concern you..James know's exactly what he owes me and i'm not going to put all the details for you or anyone else to see on this public forum....

I'm sure if i ripped people off for thier hard earned $$. someone would *WARN* everyonelse about us. that would only be right.. You seem to be happy with james then keep your buisness their.. but you say JLP rips people off with our Snake Oil parts.. and yet you defend someone who has *Stolen* Over a grand in parts he refuses to pay for? whats with that?.... JL
I'll agree, your no more guilty than the next guy out to earn a living. But what's with this attacking every compeditor walking by, with innuendo's. Every vendor conflict has got you at the head of it. Give it up, and life will be more pleasent for the rest of us.
JE

Old 04-20-2003, 10:33 PM
So did the truck really run a 10 or what?

Old 04-20-2003, 10:43 PM
Re: WTF?

Originally posted by Grey03

If thats a Lightning motor in a Mustang, then could you please explain the spark plug wires?
I asked the same question, and found out it had to do with what the stock computer would work with. Believe me it's a Lightning motor. The owner has not wanted to go for a trany solution so it may never reach it's full potential.
JE

Old 04-20-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by blown318
So did the truck really run a 10 or what?
I don't know I have not seen time slips but the rwhp numbers I've seen, indicate it should. It has just been completed and I am sure James will get it done.
Keep in mind all those northern boys running those great numbers are doing it when the temps that are in the 40's. No such advantage for James. I think I would like to see a race between James and a 10 second truck head to head. Lets face it 10 seconds is no small feat but even harder when it's 85 to 90 degrees.
JE

Old 04-21-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by jagged edge
I don't know I have not seen time slips but the rwhp numbers I've seen, indicate it should. It has just been completed and I am sure James will get it done.

What is this, a supra board????

Bottom line is... James is a shady business man for claiming months ago that he had a built motor when he was advertising it on ebay but really it was stock, and claiming a 10 second truck when it hasent even seen the track yet.

And Johnny is a dizick for bringing personal issues to the plate to try to defer business away from someone else.

Everybody just get over it, and grow the ***** up.

Old 04-21-2003, 05:01 AM
Re: Re: WTF?

Originally posted by jagged edge
I asked the same question, and found out it had to do with what the stock computer would work with. Believe me it's a Lightning motor. The owner has not wanted to go for a trany solution so it may never reach it's full potential.
JE
Id bet it's using FAST or Gen7 in place of stock eec and they will not drive eight coils so hes converted it to two coil.

Old 04-21-2003, 09:54 AM
Re: WTF?

Originally posted by Grey03

If thats a Lightning motor in a Mustang, then could you please explain the spark plug wires?

You got a video of the 10 second Harley run? Just asking because all we hear lately around here is 11.0's on the Eaton in a L and 10's from you, but no vid to back it up.

Kinda like a certain tuner telling someone their truck ran 12.0's at full weight, after they spent 5 grand ,but after their best it 12.60
s, they find a missing seat bolt three weeks later:o

DJYAA YHNIHMIHY

V? YDM!!
We used a PCM out of a 98 GT and installed lightning spark and fuel tables,the 98 uses coil packs and that is why you see plug wires.I do not have any video of the truck running a ten second pass,and to be quite frank my belief of its potential to run a ten is based on mathematics.And before you go and bash me keep in mind that I have been building and driving race cars for 20 years now.I know when something is going to go and when it is not based on dyno numbers,weight of vehicle,launching characteristics,and good old seat of the pants feel.It weighs 4920lbs.It has made as much as 835HP at the wheels with 925ft. lbs. of torque.The reason I do not advertise that on my ebay add is because people are afraid of the durability of the engine at that level and that is why you see the 750 run on an SAE correction table just like the Mustang dynos.The cab of the truck is high and it is spread over 60% of the vehicles wheelbase.When the chassis is set up like that the instant center of the vehicle is pushed further back for better transfer.If I can even muster a lazy 1.60 short time the truck will see a 10.70 at 135 to 140.And now with this challenge of Mr.Wiker's 10.5, we will have to raise the bar or simply out drive him,rumor has it that he can't cut a light so that shouldn't be a big deal.

Hope that was informative enough.

James@racerelated.com

Old 04-21-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by 1BADBOLT
What is this, a supra board????

Bottom line is... James is a shady business man for claiming months ago that he had a built motor when he was advertising it on ebay but really it was stock, and claiming a 10 second truck when it hasent even seen the track yet.

And Johnny is a dizick for bringing personal issues to the plate to try to defer business away from someone else.

Everybody just get over it, and grow the ***** up.
I don't know if it hasn't seen the track yet. I am just saying I haven't seen it run at the track. This Harley is a turbo, nitrous fed, meth injected 5.4 and when you see it your eyes won't believe it. It takes a lot of time and talent to custom fabricate everything that went into it.
The engine he built for me did a 1.591 60ft (stock trany w/FTVB and stock TQ) 11.72et/114.56mph, in 85 degree temps not 40 degree temps. This is within two 10th of a second James said it should run.
JE

Last edited by jagged edge; 04-21-2003 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:02 AM
No flame.

But until you run a 10 . It is not a 10 second truck.

It is a fast 800 plus H.P. truck, BUT NOT A 10 SECOND TRUCK.

There is a ton of vehicles that SHOULD run a number , but for one of a thousand reasons (no traction, tranny slipping, broken this or broken that, etc....) they never see that time slip.

VINNIE

Old 04-21-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by VINNIE
No flame.

There is a ton of vehicles that SHOULD run a number , but for one of a thousand reasons (no traction, tranny slipping, broken this or broken that, etc....) they never see that time slip.

VINNIE

Old 04-21-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by VINNIE
No flame.

VINNIE
I see your point. No offense, but we've been hearing about a 9 second race truck from REM, and a 9 second customer truck from a certain shop in NJ for some time now. You guys haven't been jumping on them.

Do the math, with 800/900 and 4900#'s this thing will be sick, especially for a street truck. He hasn't even had it a year, I'm sure there's plenty of bugs to be worked out of this custom setup he built in house. I wonder how long it would take him to do a 4v on a Lightning?

Isn't that what racing is about, competition? Good for JL and good for James.

Old 04-21-2003, 11:23 AM
While I am not the biggest drag racing fan in the world, I do know that if I spend the kind of money it takes to build 800+ horsepower, I am going to run it just to see what it will do.

The turbo Harley has been finished for a while, so get some slicks on that biotch, and lets see what it will do.

Quick Reply: 10 sec. HD Truck?