Lightning

HD got his truck back thread?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can tell you that it feels awesome to drive the Lightning again.
I brought it to work today and everyone loved it.
I got out of work early to go get the truck inspected, and they put a sticker on it with no problems. Things sure seem to be going right for me now, it has been a great week;
My son turned a year old on Saturday the 5th, he is the best thing that ever happen to me. It is such a great feeling to have a little guy around knowing he is a little you.
I picked up my truck yesterday the 9th and left a happy man.
So the truck wasn't what was planned, but like Jim posted he had always given me the option if I couldn't wait any longer that I could always fall back on a built 2-valve motor.
So after talking with him a couple weeks ago, with not knowing a definite date to be finished, we talked and agreed that a built 2-valve is the best way to go.
Anyone who has been to JDM on any given day knows how busy they are and at this time he couldn't tell me a rock solid date. So I feel that I made the right choice for now.
He is going to continue to work on the 4-valve project as he can and when it is all done and ready to go he has given me first option on if I want to do the swap. If I decline he will put it in his truck for testing.
Well enough about the 4-valve for now, maybe we will open this chapter later in the year.
The truck feels real strong, I only have a little over 400 miles on it now, you name it they did it, everything came out great.
I am going to break in the truck for the next week and then I will be going back down to NJ to change the entire fuel system of the truck and for a larger blower. I am either going with a Works 140 or the Kenny Bell 140 for now, maybe changing to the works 201 when it comes out.
I am leaning towards the works 140 it sounds like it is going to be a nice set-up, not taking anything away from the Kenny Bell 140 because that I have seen and felt first hand and it is also very nice.
My goals still haven't changed;

11's on 20's (don't have the 22's anymore) but if someone would let me borrow a set I still would love to reach the goal I had 2 years ago of 11's on 22's.

10's on slicks and skinnies on all motor (with a 140 blower of course)

9's with the aid of the nitrous, what is it going to take? 150shot? 200 shot? maybe even a 250 shot.

Well there you have it, I don't feel bad about not getting the 4-valve, so don't feel bad for me. So I didn't have my truck for 15 months, I only have 11,560 miles on a 2000, that isn't so bad.
And the biggest reason I don't feel bad is I got to spend a huge amount of time with my son, and the wife of course.
And the 2-valve motor programs have come a long way in the last year.
Thanks again to all my true friends and to the rest of the Lightning community that has stood behind me over this whole project. I may not have met a lot of you in person, but I still think we have a great family here for the most part.
You will be hearing more about PROJECT MLNIUM as it unfolds.

Bill

Last edited by hdmlnium; 04-10-2003 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:10 PM
HD,

Glad you got your truck back. It may not be what you expected, but you are happy and thats all that matters!

I am leaning towards the works 140

-Dale

Old 04-10-2003, 06:21 PM

Bill, this board is thirsty and those pics are a tall mug of cold beer.

Old 04-10-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by MISTERgadget

Bill, this board is thirsty and those pics are a tall mug of cold beer.

Ditto! Pics pleeeeease!

Old 04-10-2003, 06:37 PM
Got to clean her up first, should have some pics up by tomorrow night.
Bill

Old 04-10-2003, 07:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bill

IF YOUR HAPPY, THEN IAM HAPPY

Happy Birthday to the little one from the Gator

Old 04-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Thumbs up

Originally posted by Fast Gator
Bill

IF YOUR HAPPY, THEN IAM HAPPY

Happy Birthday to the little one from the Gator
Thanks Gator, Will had a great time at his first birthday.
I will most likely be coming back down next weekend for some more work, maybe I will see you then...
Bill

Old 04-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Get the Works 140. Good luck Bill.

Old 04-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Thumbs up

Originally posted by Calightnin
Get the Works 140. Good luck Bill.
Thanks Steve,
That is the plan right now, as long as it shows up in time. If not the Kenny Bell will be going on. I need a biger blower on soon so I can get some track time. Get one of those Works 140 from Cali to Jersey for next weekend, and I will be styling...

Bill

Old 04-10-2003, 09:45 PM
Awesome HD! Glad to see your back. I'd love to see you run 11's on 20's and 22's. That would be sick!

-Mike

Old 04-10-2003, 09:47 PM
HD
Congrats on the truck, its good to see it in action again.

Could you tell us a little about your cams, How big are they?
What was the idle quality like? Have you done an emission test yet? Thanks Dale

Old 04-10-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by hdmlnium
I got out of work early to go get the truck inspected, and they put a sticker on it with no problems.

Old 04-10-2003, 10:21 PM
MISTERg
In Washington state we don't get "a sticker" so I wasn't sure what he was talking about.......but I would still like to here about the cams. Dale

Old 04-10-2003, 10:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by hdmlnium
Well there you have it, I don't feel bad about not getting the 4-valve, so don't feel bad for me. So I didn't have my truck for 15 months, I only have 11,560 miles on a 2000, that isn't so bad.
And the biggest reason I don't feel bad is I got to spend a huge amount of time with my son, and the wife of course.
And the 2-valve motor programs have come a long way in the last year.
Bill, that is an awesome statement right there. We all sometimes get so wrapped up in our trucks, that we forget there are other things that are important as well. Kudos to you for your attitude towards the whole ordeal, and I'm glad to see you behind the wheel and happy.

Old 04-10-2003, 10:26 PM
Wink

Mike,
Thanks buddy, I hope to do it.. That would be cool..

Dale,
I am not sure the specs on the cams, you can really tell that they are not stock, I love the way she idles. It reminds me of some of my older toys with built motors that had a carb on it instead of the fuel injection.
And as MISTERgadget just posted, I went and got the truck inspected without any problems. It might have helped that the owner is into Harleys (motorcycles) and into rods.
He loved the Lightning and told me he would see me in a year when I needed a new one.

MISTERgadget,
Thanks buddy...

Bill

Quick Reply: HD got his truck back thread?