Lightning

This may be the reason Ford is digging its heels in on modded engines?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This may be the reason Ford is digging its heels in on modded engines?

And, will there be a 2005 Lightning?

http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/money/...2Fcnford07.xml

Not good, to say the least .

Dan

Last edited by LIGHTNINROD; 03-08-2003 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-08-2003, 07:53 PM
Sorry guys--bad link--now it works

http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/money/...2Fcnford07.xml

Dan

Old 03-08-2003, 08:47 PM
I sure don't feel sorry for them.
I've been saying for 2 years that if you really bleed Ford blue then buy their crappy stock. They've been in trouble for years.
Don't worry, we the taxpayers, will have to bail them out just like Chrysler.
A spokesman said: "Ford is fundamentally strong and we continue to improve our business performance. Our corporate revitalisation plan is gaining momentum on every front. As we prepare to celebrate our 100-year anniversary we are confident in our outlook for a successful future."
The Titanic builders said that it could NEVER be sunk too!
Grant's Interest Rate Observer, a Wall Street newsletter, said that a crisis at Ford would "nudge Saddam Hussein off the front page".
There hopefully won't be much left to talk about SOON.

Old 03-08-2003, 08:48 PM
Angry

Ford deserves to go belly-up. I'll never buy another Ford p.o.s.

Leaking intercooler feature.
Front end clunk feature.
Oil in intake feature.
Flaking blower feature.
Cracked door feature.
Cracked fog lamps feature.
Blown tranny mod.
Blown motor mod.
Blown positraction mod.

Waiting for the blown spark plug mod.

Plus, inadequate brakes, lousy shocks, no cam bolts, no in-dash CD, lousy sound system

But, the seats would be great in a Lariat, almost as good as captain's chairs (but sadly lacking for serious road work). Ford, you got it coming.

Last edited by alphadoggy; 03-09-2003 at 12:16 AM.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:18 PM
Ford sucks. If they go away I won't lose a minutes sleep. And all because they put the screws to me on a simple warranty repair.

Old 03-08-2003, 10:08 PM
I agree that loosing Millions a Year in the econo-luxury mid-size car market is a rediculas way to run a Company. Let everyone else knock themselves over the head and stick with what works, TRUCKS AND PERFORMANCE. I mean come on, everyone has Explorers, everyone has F-150's, everyone has Mustangs, and everyone has Ford Work Van's. Maybe they need to sell off Jaguar, Aston Martin and Volvo, and stick with what works.

But FYI
I think they suck too

Old 03-08-2003, 10:30 PM
blah blah blah Everyone said Ford was going belly up in the 70s' too,but they're still here.
Ford isnt going anywhere.

Sure Ford has some quality issues, maybe more so with the Lightning than any thing else, but so does every other car company.

If you dont like your truck or Ford then maybe you should just sell it and shut up.

Andy

Old 03-09-2003, 12:43 AM
If you dont like your truck or Ford then maybe you should just sell it and shut up.
Or maybe not. Since I've had to pay many thousands of dollars out of my pocket to rectify Ford's engineering shortcomings ("Built Ford Tough" - what a joke) its only fitting that I broadcast a little "consumer awareness" to help some other poor schnooks from being victimized in the same fashion. As they say, payback is a beech. And it you don't like it, just go out and buy some more of those wonderful blue oval products that serve you so well.

Old 03-09-2003, 12:54 AM
alphadoggy,
if you have a problem with your truck then sell it. I am 1,000% ( one thousand percent) sure that no one from Ford comes to your house and puts a gun to your head and tells you to keep it or die. It is just like anything else that you buy, if you are unhappy with your purchase then get rid of it. I drive my ]"STOCK"[/B] 03 lightning daily and race as well and I have had none of your listed problems. No, I am not going to go out and race a Z06 and beat it, I wont beat a SS to top-end speed, there will always be someone faster! That's life, get over it. After all it is a fast truck, not a F40, Diablo, Ford GT, or a Viper. It has been documented that Ford has had quality issues with the Lightning's and 5.4's but if you dislike your truck and Ford so much then get yourself a Hemi, Silverado SS, or TRD Trundra and make us all happy. I am not a Ford Freek, I believe that Ford and all auto makers have a rough road ahead to continue to attract buyers to purchase $35,000 + autos in todays economey, but if you as the buyer continue to purchase sub-par autos and keep them, than who is wrong? Ford for selling them or you for buying them? I would like to be the first person to offer to purchase you truck form you for any price you name.... As long as it is $1.00. If it is such a problem then the $1.00 should at least buy you peace of mind.

Old 03-09-2003, 12:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My livelyhood is indirectly based on Ford and their investments in future designs. I regularly get exposed to many different facets of their company so I feel I am somewhat in tune with how / why they (engineering) think the way they do. And from my perspective the answer is so simple.

They simply need to go back to basics and make a good "value based" vehicle. Just forget the majority of the countless "business systems" that are in place.
Back to basics Mr Ford. Back to basics. Just simply give the mojority of people exactly what they want.

Why is this so hard to understand? :shakes head:

(on soap box)
They spend so much energy ($$$) on processes, systems, and management; that they think it's *normal* to expend so much manpower (= $$) in all these non-direct functions. I spent about 5 months in one dept there this last year. And felt as if I was one out of only a select few who grasped the idea of engineering a modern vehicle. For instance, the fella who was my boss there did'nt have a good grasp on the physical aspects of vehicles. Let alone designing them or heaven forbid ever actually having to work on one yourself. But when I asked a question about how to find some information. They all knew how to "work the system". Problem is? "The system" is so bloody complex that you'll easily loose site of the task at hand and become a "system guy" yourself.
(off soap box)

Don't get me wrong, I think proper business, engineering, and quality systems are needed. But just walk up to most any designer at Ford and ask them how to R&R something, how to make a design MFG friendly, how to cut tooling cost up front in the design stages, why you have certain design criteria, and also have them explain why they don't have dirty finger nails! Most of them don't have a clue. But they sure do know how shuffle around in the "system".

WOT

Old 03-09-2003, 01:20 AM
If you don't like it, don't buy it. It makes good sense to research a vehicle before you buy it, if there are known problems then assess the risk in buying it. This applies to most cars however the Lightning is a niche market car, you won't find a product like this in many other places even though the other manufacturers are trying to catch up, you are apparently part of this niche and you took the car "for better or for worse" so in my opinion you should enjoy the better and deal with the worse.

Old 03-09-2003, 01:29 AM
L.V
Changing the subject:
Im gambling that Ford will not go under.
I purchased 500 shares.
Buy low----hopefully sell high.
I think the odds are on my side.

Old 03-09-2003, 01:46 AM
If they go out of business, wouldn't our trucks be more valuable in the future?

GO OUT OF BUSINESS PLEASE!

Remember the car company Nash. Remember the car in Stallone's movie "Cobra". badass car.

they went out of business. are they worth some money

Old 03-10-2003, 11:57 AM
Guys (I think)

With all this BEETCHING about FORD,
you sound like a bunch of women watching Springer.

Old 03-10-2003, 12:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been with Ford for 13 years. For that entire time I have given up some of the creature comforts that I really did not need
so I could put my maximum monthly tax exempt savings of 15% of my pay into Ford stock each and every month.Then last year they tell me no more matching .60 on the dollar, what could be worse you ask?
Can you imagine the look on my face last week when they sent my Fidelity saving statement to me and instead of showing the hundreds of thousands of $$$ in Ford stock I have purchased , it now shows 85% less. Want to talk about having the right to be Pi$$ed off??
I agree the Company has been poorly managed, and raped by the past two CEO's that we have bought out, but damn man, that money is MY future...let alone the years I toiled to earn it.
wydopnthrtl is 100 % correct, what we need is a vehicle the general public wants, and is willing to buy.
It is our job to give it to them, and I hope we can do that before it is too late.
Marc

Last edited by Marc Carpenter; 03-10-2003 at 12:44 PM.

Quick Reply: This may be the reason Ford is digging its heels in on modded engines?