Lightning

Wtf!!!!! Bad Gas I Think!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wtf!!!!! Bad Gas I Think!!!!!

Well last night I went out to my truck to put my 5th sub in since it just came in. I finish hooking it all up and I go to start my truck and it starts up fine and then all the sudden its chugging and it hesitates when you tap the gas a bit. At higer RPMS it seems to be fine but I haven't drove it since last saturday when I put the PCV vave kit on there. Now I'm not blaming the PCV valve kit but 1 of two things caused my truck to do this and I'm leaning towards bad gas casue its still doing it after I changed the plugs and pulled the PCV valve kit out last night.

Now saturday just before I put her away in the garage I went to shell and filled up with like 22 gallons of gas, then I went and washed it down really quick and then I drove home and put her away. I drove maybe 15 minutes with the truck and I don't remember it hesitating or chugging like that! So I dumped about 5 gallons of tolulene in the tank last night and that seemed to help it idle a little better but thats about it. I switched out my plugs and put the denso's back in since the Tr6's where blacker then black and whats funny about that is saturday when I put the PCV valve kit in I checked some plugs and they all looked PERFECT! I was expecting maybe some minor detonation with the hotter plugs, but nothing they where great. And since then I haven't started it, touched it or even looked at her so my mind is boggled as to what it could be, but everything seems to point towards bad gas. I resetted my computer, checked the chip, and check just about every connection under the hood and its all fine.

So here's the thing, should I just get some of the heat crap for winter water in the gas, or should I just run all the gas out or should I just empyt the tank out of gas?

I have yet to have this happen with my L.

Old 03-06-2003, 01:24 PM
IAC

--Joe

Old 03-06-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by soap
IAC

--Joe
yep... im thinking the same, they get dirty and when they do thats what it will do. it take like 5 minutes to clean, somebody has a pic of it.

Old 03-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Joe,

You did the plugs TWICE
Your my hero

I say it could be the gas too, sucking 10 gallons out and putting some new in "can only help"
You know you can take it for a and see how it's running

I hope it's something simple like bad gas Killa ?

BTW
Yes thats a Red Lightning

Old 03-07-2003, 03:07 AM
so who's got the info on the IAC cleaning?

Old 03-07-2003, 03:28 AM
Ok I cleaned the IAC out and that didn't help any guys. It idles fine now but when I give it just a little gas it chugs and almost acts like its going to die out, more gas and its ok, but then around like 4000 rpms it does that chugging again.

COuld it be the TPS maybe?

I'm going to drive it tomorrow and try to get rid of as much gas as possible and fill her up again.

Old 03-07-2003, 05:44 AM
i have a 93 f-150 5.0 it acted like that after i changed the pcv,its in an awkward place.it would die when i tried to rev it.what had happened is i had broken the vac line that comes off the top of the intake manifold and it runs around back of the engine comes up towards the front and plugs into the resavour the best i could tell.it was broken right in the back,it was a very skinny plastic red line.i got a piece of black rubber vac line,very little,and plugged the broken ends in each end,and runs fine.may have nothin to do with yours,but jus in case.

Quick Reply: Wtf!!!!! Bad Gas I Think!!!!!