Lightning

Calling SuperFords

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Calling SuperFords

Chris, I have a question...I just bought a Pioneer in dash tv. I am mounting the brain under the seat. My question is, on the back of the head-unit you ave a yellow 12v wire, ground, and some pre-outs. Then on the brain is where you hook up all your speakers. Ok here is where I'm confussed and the instructions are worthless. The harnesst that conects to the brain also has a yellow 12v, red power, exc. did you hook up both the ead-unit and the brain power wires up together or do you nly need to hook up one. Both have in line fuses but the one off the head-unit is 5amp and the on for the brain is a 10amp so hooking them together doesnt seem to promising. Thanks for any help!

Old 03-04-2003, 11:29 PM
Banned
I'm not superfords but I might can help. My kenwood was the same way. The wires all need to be hooked up. Doesn't matter of its together or not just make sure that the +12 and the ACC are both hooked to the right wires. Make sure you have your grounds connected to something good as well.

Old 03-04-2003, 11:35 PM
Even tho there are two different size fuses in there? should I change them both to 10 amp. Its kinda stupid how they have this thing wired. But the finised product should be worth it

Old 03-04-2003, 11:40 PM
Banned
Yea leave the fuses alone. The brain might require more power than the headunit part so just leave em how they are. I've never heard of anyone having to put a bigger fuse in the truck for the radio, so just hook it up how it is.

Old 03-04-2003, 11:43 PM
Thanks man! I'll give it a go tmorrow.

Old 03-04-2003, 11:46 PM
Banned
Also, not sure about the Pioneer but my kenwood had a ton of wires going between the headunit part and the brain. The "pre-outs" on my headunit were actually the audio out to the brain, so make sure you don't forgot any of those wires. Good luck.

Old 03-04-2003, 11:51 PM
Dude theres more wires for this thing then are in my house. And the instructions well it may have not come with any cuz thats how helpful they are. Anyway I'm off to bd thanks for the help! I'll let you know how it works, hopefully the LCD screen wont oppen with a cloud of smoke

Quick Reply: Calling SuperFords