Lightning

Remember kids...BUCKLE UP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wear mine when I drive, and I did before it became law. My cousin never wears his. He is 5'6" and the belt rides up high on his neck. If I was him I wouldn't either.

Old 01-29-2003, 02:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by WantALight
So no one offers an reasoning NOT to wear seatbelts other than "it should be my decision!"...
Wearing the lap belt makes it impossible to properly scratch your ***** at a traffic light

Old 01-29-2003, 02:10 PM
Let’s see I am driving one of the quickest, fastest and heaviest autos in existence and I am debating whether or Not to wear a seat belt.

Crazy.

Your decision to not wear a seatbelt or a helmet on a bike DOES affect me. It DOES raise insurance rates. It does raise medical costs. It does affect other road laws. While I appreciate the Darwin influence of removing those folks from the gene pool BUT the real effect of the Darwinian trimming will not help my insurance rates during my lifetime..

Doug

The Views here are not necessarily the views of F150Online.

Old 01-29-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_!
Let’s see I am driving one of the quickest, fastest and heaviest autos in existence and I am debating whether or Not to wear a seat belt.

Crazy.

Your decision to not wear a seatbelt or a helmet on a bike DOES affect me. It DOES raise insurance rates. It does raise medical costs. It does affect other road laws. While I appreciate the Darwin influence of removing those folks from the gene pool BUT the real effect of the Darwinian trimming will not help my insurance rates during my lifetime..

Doug
Very well said Doug. But you forgot about that crazy guy flying thru the air after he get thrown out of the car and landing on you hood denting it. It's a crazy world out there. -Mat-

Old 01-29-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Raoul
I have a seatbelt on my toilet seat and use it religiously because you just never know what is going to happen.

I'm probably the only one interested in bathroom safety at this time but, it will be the wave of the future.

I expect mandatory seatbelt use legislation in California within the next two years. The rest of the Country will follow shortly.

Being forced to wear the belt in the truck won't seem so intrusive then.

I suspect that you won't be fined for not being strapped to your toilet unless you have committed some other bathroom offense.
We have had Worker's Compensation claims as a result of employees falling off the toilet. We were going to develop a safety program, "Journey to the Johns; Stop..Squat...Buckle."

Old 01-29-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by SVT F15O
They had the power shut off before sending the ladder up. Not wearing your seat maybe should be your own decision......but if you don't wear it you are just dumb. There is no reason not to take 2 seconds out of your life to buckle up. Also why is it so hard for so many people to use a damn blinker>??? You would think it takes 50LBs of force to turn it on. That is one thing that bothers me. -Mat-
I understand what you are saying. My point is that idiots doing stupid things can put rescue personnel in harms way. Also, in theory, if insurance companies loss experience declines for whatever reason (fewer thefts, fire damage, medical claims, etc.) the an insured would stand to benefit from reduced rates.

Not using a Blinker; slowing down the left lane and slowing down a lane of traffec because the want to brake in that lane instead of using the turn lane are areas of frustration for me.

Old 01-29-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_!

Crazy.

Doug

The Views here are not necessarily the views of F150Online.

Gee, Doug I wonder what you would say IF you had to buy Jersey Insurance?

Old 01-29-2003, 04:27 PM
I had warned my dog to wear his seat belt but he wouldn't listen

Old 01-29-2003, 04:31 PM
LMAO

Old 01-29-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by WantALight
So no one offers an reasoning NOT to wear seatbelts other than "it should be my decision!"...
I challenge anyone to came up with a good reason not to have people wear helmets while traveling in cars. Head injuries are some of the most expensive injuries for insurance companies to deal with and YES they still happen often with seat belt usage.

Will helmet use be law any time soon? No friggin' way... instead let's make the OEMs do front, side, and head airbags for all passengers. What's $2000, it's about safety right?

Old 01-29-2003, 05:33 PM
I would think wearing a helmet would hurt peripheral vision during everyday driving

Old 01-29-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by StruckByTheBolt
I would think wearing a helmet would hurt peripheral vision during everyday driving
Thats why they make half-helmet's

Old 01-29-2003, 07:07 PM
Actually, this guy might have been crushed by his vehicle if he was strapped in.

Rocks

Old 01-29-2003, 07:12 PM
Thats why they make half-helmet's
lol.....like bicycle helmets?

Old 01-30-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by 03LightninRocks
Actually, this guy might have been crushed by his vehicle if he was strapped in.

Rocks
I've heard people say stuff like that a lot. I've been to tons of auto accidents (FF/EMT) and I've yet to see a person that was hurt more, or killed because they were wearing a seatbelt. I've seen a lot of people more seriously hurt, or killed because they weren't wearing one. One of my friends rolled his car one night. I got to the scene and found the car on it's roof. His head was between the roof and theground. He didn't make it, and wasn't wearing a seatbelt. Three other passengers were in the car with him and were lucky enough not to be thrown from the car. They all walked away with a few bumps, and none of them went to the hospital for their injuries. If my friend would have been wearing a seat belt, he would have walked away too.

Roger

Quick Reply: Remember kids...BUCKLE UP!!