Lightning

Any Help Please! Bad Story...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just look in the F150online classifieds. Type in what your looking for. EASY
It's a 5.4 block, all you need is the block, the rest is..... gravy Unless YOU decide to use them. Soon there will be a couple 32 valve L's out there, so the manifold problem will be handled.
Call the guy, what do you have to lose?

Last edited by Redneck Ferrari; 12-19-2002 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-19-2002, 03:30 PM
I'm not sure where you're located, but Race Related in Tampa will give you a built engine for $3500 INSTALLED.

Old 12-19-2002, 03:36 PM
Well, I guess your Ford place is alot different than the one here. When I got my truck, the dealership had just finished putting the intake gasket in because Ford had not put one on while building the engine. I did not know that they did quite a chitty job, ended up at 4100 miles, intercooler pump went out, and when I took it in, I told them it was blue smoking in the mornings when I crunk it. He kept it overnight and the next afternoon I checked in, my truck was on the rack, with the motor already pulled and half-way torn apart. Turned out that when they replaced the intake gasket, excess silicon was forced into the oil by the S/C and it was clogging my oil intake, it was also leaking oil down a vavle stem in one cylinder (take a look in my gallery here ) Well, we started talking about my truck and he asked me why I hadn't cut my cats off. I asked him if it would void my warranty b/c I was pretty sure it would. He said that they didn't care at our Ford place. I got online and started reading up on mods and decided to put Manley rods in while he was rebuilding the motor. I bought them along with the intake kit and a flip-chip. He put it all in while it was in the shop and I came up there when it was done, and they had me sign the ticket. I would've had to pay $4600 not including the labor (which I also didn't have to pay for) and not including the money for the rods, chip, and intake. I guess I got off lucky

Last edited by QuikSilverSVT; 12-19-2002 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:21 PM
quicksilver svt-

Thanks for giving me hope, I just removed my 6#'er, intake, and chip and tuck will be picked up tomorrow at noon. Crossing my fingers and praying to get a break from the dealership.

Old 12-19-2002, 05:24 PM
redneck ferrari-

What do you mean when you say "if YOU decide to use them." Just looking for clarification. Thanks for the help.

Old 12-19-2002, 05:42 PM
The blocks are the same the heads, front cover, intake are different. You could swap over the L pieces you would just have a higher compression ratio with the Navigator pistons (not sure what it would be). OR you could build a 32V L - I know the person listed is building one.
It is just a different avenue available to you.

Last edited by Redneck Ferrari; 12-19-2002 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-19-2002, 06:06 PM
Now you are all starting to scare me! I thought Ford overbuilt these engines. This thread seems like a large portion of people have blown up their engines!
I am going to have these mods on a 2002:
JL Ram air system
JDM Silver bullet cat back
PSP 4lb. lower pulley
Accufab throttle body
Boost bypass mod
Ford oil breather
JL tuned Diablosport chip
Full synthetic oil
Denso plugs
Is this a safe level of modifications for a stock engine? I wanted to go faster than stock, but I thought this would be a relatively safe level of mods. When I get the chip reburned because of the pulley by JL I am going to specify a "safe" program or something. I don't want to detonate my engine. If I do though, I will be a big boy about it (hopefully)

Old 12-19-2002, 06:10 PM
Put it on a dyno AND MAKE SURE IT IS "SAFE" - thats all. You won't affend your tuner. If you do......

Old 12-19-2002, 06:11 PM
Really Old "Member"
QuicksilverSVT:

North Georgia to North Florida = 8 hour drive.

I may need to visit that dealer someday, got a name?

Bill

Old 12-19-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by jeffsavage
Now you are all starting to scare me! I thought Ford overbuilt these engines. This thread seems like a large portion of people have blown up their engines!
I am going to have these mods on a 2002:
JL Ram air system
JDM Silver bullet cat back
PSP 4lb. lower pulley
Accufab throttle body
Boost bypass mod
Ford oil breather
JL tuned Diablosport chip
Full synthetic oil
Denso plugs
Is this a safe level of modifications for a stock engine? I wanted to go faster than stock, but I thought this would be a relatively safe level of mods. When I get the chip reburned because of the pulley by JL I am going to specify a "safe" program or something. I don't want to detonate my engine. If I do though, I will be a big boy about it (hopefully)
dude there's allot of us on this site that could put that mod list to shame with our stock motors so its nothing to due with ford not building the engine strong enough. Part of its luck? and the biggest part to me is the tune! just make sure you have a realatively safe tune and you'll be hapier then a pig in CHIT!

Old 12-20-2002, 12:03 AM
Ummm....Mr Kegger.....

I would think about calling them up and telling them to hold off on picking your truck up. I would change you computer before you send it in. Sometimes the dealer will ship the comp. to SVT and they will see the ***** scraped off the contacts then say goodbye to your warranty. I would rather pay for a computer then a motor. Just my thoughts. Judging by your questions if I were you I would have used that search button a little more before sending my truck in. Goodluck, -Mat-

Old 12-20-2002, 12:06 AM
Sorry to hear about your truck but it looks like your going to need a motor....

I bet you have some holes somewhere in that block....

Old 12-20-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Redneck Ferrari
The blocks are the same the heads, front cover, intake are different. You could swap over the L pieces you would just have a higher compression ratio with the Navigator pistons (not sure what it would be). OR you could build a 32V L - I know the person listed is building one.
It is just a different avenue available to you.
High compression and supercharging don't mix well, it might be important to know what your compression ratio would be before going that route IMO ...

Old 12-20-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by RTKILLA
dude there's allot of us on this site that could put that mod list to shame with our stock motors

I am one of em' (see sig). Many mods,not manley rods.

One day I am sure it will go Boom, But until that day I will do everything I can to go faster and not blow up.

Old 12-20-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by VINNIE
I am one of em' (see sig). Many mods,not manley rods.

One day I am sure it will go Boom, But until that day I will do everything I can to go faster and not blow up.
As a few of us are....

The key is prevenative maintenace, proper tune, and paying attention to detail!!

There are many 01/02's with ALOT of 1/4 mile blast's & mods.

True there are some that have let go easier than others, but hey some stock ones have to.

Quick Reply: Any Help Please! Bad Story...