Lightning Concept Please confine your posts regarding the recently unveiled Lightning Concept to this forum. This will make finding information on the current Gen 2 Lightning much easier for our members.

just got a sneak peak at the gen3!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the last truckin mag says its less than a year away?
i sure hope so.

Old 07-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by trashguy
the last truckin mag says its less than a year away?
i sure hope so.
18 months away..should see them in the latter part of Q4 in 05

Old 07-21-2004, 04:55 PM
What about that 5-speed auto mentioned earlier. Could that possibly go into F-150s? And is there any chance that Ford could still switch the engine to the "Hurricane" prototype?

I really wish those doors were lengthened and the swinging doors taken out.

Last edited by LuckycharmsBC79; 07-21-2004 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:58 PM
I'm glad most of you grannies aren't designing this truck. I'm one of the biggest Lightning enthusiasts. I had a black '01 and a blue '03. I loved both of them dearly. The '01 blew up unfortunately and Ford wouldn't warranty it. The '03 was traded in for this '04 before it lost value thanks to the upcoming Gen III Lightning. I'm just holding onto this '04 until the new Lightning comes out and then BAM!!! I'm there at the dealership trading her in.

Anyways I'm very happy with Ford's choices on interior and exterior design. This truck looks more aggressive, even more than the SRT-10. My Lightning only needs two seats, one for me and one for me to be able to show off the power to passengers. The console shifter will be more up to date and sexier. I don't want to be shifting from the column on a sports truck. This isn't a damn Crown Vic.

Most who say if you want two seats then buy a Viper or Vette, well forget you. I'm a big man, can't fit in any of those cars comfortably. I chose my first Lightning back in '01 due to this reason while shopping for a sports car. All I can say is I'll be modding from the get-go, throw the warranty out the window cause I've got a need for speed.

Old 08-09-2004, 02:37 PM

Information overload .... but just what I wanted to hear as far as how the motor and interior is laid out.

I'm more interested in the performance aspect anyway, and knowing that some of the defects were remedied.

I'll pay more if the brake rotors & calipers are bigger and better (like Brembos, not cheap but better than the F250 brakes).

I want more horsepower, a better blower, and a more efficient radiator/cooling system.....just hearing that the motor has 4v/cylinder is a big improvement. Buying a JDM short block is at least $5k plus and extra $3k for a KB blower.....if it is lower-priced and faster than the Dodge clunker

Old 08-09-2004, 05:29 PM
Question

Originally posted by Sithor
The console shifter will be more up to date and sexier. I don't want to be shifting from the column on a sports truck.
I bought one of the first '99's and traded it for a 2001.
I am only 210 lbs, on a 5'7" frame, but I will not get one if they only have only 2 seats in the front. The reason for getting a sports truck is to have the best of both worlds, high performance and high utility.

Surely you could fit into a M5 or an E55 ?

Old 08-29-2004, 07:39 PM
Any word on the Shortblock? will it be beefed up like the cobra?

Old 09-02-2004, 11:06 PM
I think we're missing the big picture here, Ford is out to beat Dodge and any others that want to challenge SVT. This L will be bad a$$ just because of the competition that is already out there. The new L will be faster, better handling, and cheaper than any other sport truck on the market. I can't wait to see the numbers this thing is going to turn out. Look out Dodge, Ford wants their crown back

Old 12-21-2004, 04:34 AM
i say paddle shift on the stering wheel like ferrari and we get sport shift and 3rd seat and...paddle shift!

Old 01-13-2005, 09:26 PM
did it really have exhaust coming out both sides of the truck???

Quick Reply: just got a sneak peak at the gen3!!!