Lightning Concept Please confine your posts regarding the recently unveiled Lightning Concept to this forum. This will make finding information on the current Gen 2 Lightning much easier for our members.

Just talked to SVT rep today!

Old 10-12-2003, 04:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just talked to SVT rep today!

I was at the local Import show today and SVT had a few focus' out there. I asked the SVT rep about the new lightning and basically he said that no one will know for sure what the truck will be like for about a year when the project is finalized. If someone tells you different they are lying. He said that the truck will have more HP for sure because the frame of the new F-150 is much heavier then the previous generation. I asked him if the supercooler will make it into production and he said that its not decided yet. They will have to make just the basic lightning then add things like the supercooler on and see if they can still keep the cost low.

Anyway just a little update...

Old 10-18-2003, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It occurred to me that, with Dodge using the Viper motor in thier supertruck, Ford might just do something similar. Why build an engine and only use it in one platform? The supercharged 5.4 in the GT is a very good candidate to be the motivator for the next Lightning. The price is gonna be silly anyway. Might as well do it right.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just talked to SVT rep today!