Lightning Concept Please confine your posts regarding the recently unveiled Lightning Concept to this forum. This will make finding information on the current Gen 2 Lightning much easier for our members.

Went to the auto show...I'M WAITING ON THE 05 LIGHTNING

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 02:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rollin'/Rayden,

The electric hood release was goofed up at the Cleveland Int'l Auto Show recently, too.

In person, these tires "look" waist high to me and I'm 6' !

It's strange to see in person, but you can't deny the 500/500 #s !

Old 03-16-2003, 02:14 AM
and a few more....

Old 03-16-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by NateTrun2
ermm. im anti '05. looking at that truck makes me want to go out and buy a built long block with a nice blower, some nos with a goal of hunting down 05's. the truck looks like it needs to belong in outer space in the new lunar moon vehicle program or vw's show room.

only my oppinion though
I agree with you 100%. The numbers impress me, but i am a big fan of looks also and i dont like how that looks at all
I love my Automatic trans also. I think auto is a lot more consistant at the track and better for me who drives around town a lot. 6 speed would be cool as an option i guess for some people. As far as the looks of it, its to boxy and it looks like a chevy truck. I think the # impress people and that forces them to "like" the body style. I dont think there would be AS many fans if the 05 still had 380 horse and 18 inch rims. But thats also just MY oppinion though.
I am with you man about getten a new block in our L's and boosten' them to keep up with the 05's.

Old 03-16-2003, 02:28 AM
im hoping this truck will be as great as it concept model claims to be. Looks absolutly awesome. Only thin i really didnt like was the square exhaust pipes. Those look stupid plus whats gonna happen when you change out your exhaust.

Old 03-16-2003, 04:38 PM
alot of the newer cars are so boxy lookin, this truck looks bad ***,but needs to be smoothed out a bit, change the color of the interior, and dump the exhaust tips(square pipes=more air distrubance)

Old 04-03-2003, 05:23 PM
I'd buy one just for the fun of having 500+ hp with a 6 speed... but in my opinion that is one ugly truck... I think the Gen2 L is probably the best looking truck ever built. The body just seems to flow together on it.

Hopefully they take away some of the 'futuristic' look of this thing before it hits the showroom floor. Although by 2006 I hope to be sitting in one either way... lol

Quick Reply: Went to the auto show...I'M WAITING ON THE 05 LIGHTNING