King Ranch

grrrrrr

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 12:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grrrrrr

Took the truck in today to get it's 40k mile service they called and the power steering pump is leaking. This is the 2nd time that truck has had a power steering leak first in the box now the pump. Sorry had to get that out..knew some here would be sympathtic

Old 09-16-2002, 05:32 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good luck KRC. Keep us posted...

RP

Old 09-16-2002, 09:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don;t feel bad... mine was leaking at its 1000 mile oil change. They had cross-threaded and/or stripped the pressure line fitting into the gearbox at the factory. Luckily, it wasn't too bad. Don't know why it didn't leak from the start, though?? Oh, well.

-Joe-

Old 09-17-2002, 08:41 AM
Got it back 50 bucks later it has a new power steering pump on it. Lasttime it was a hose this time the pump. Have my truck backeither way

Old 09-17-2002, 07:21 PM
KR,

When the hose blew the first time, did you lose a lot of fluid or maybe the majority of the oil in the power steering reservoir?

I was just wondering if the loss of oil from the hose leak may have contributed to the pump failing at a later date. If you can link the two, maybe you can get your $50 back assuming the money was a deductible or something that made the pump a different repair than the hose leak?

I've been pretty lucky, I haven't had a single leak on my truck since I took ownership, unless draining the oil can be considered a leak, temporarily that is :o

~DM~

Quick Reply: grrrrrr