King Ranch

Tomas has yet another problem I can't pinpoint

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is a good idea though....never would have thought to take my moms tires and swop them with mine to see if I would get the same noise.....I am ok and take Joe's advice....because he knows stuff.

Old 07-22-2002, 09:59 PM
tire noise

Troy,

You are correct the truck did need an alignment (Actually some shims that were left off at the factory)which I had done at 15K. Just that minor amount of tire wear that occurred in the first 15K caused the tires to whine at speed. Not loud enough for anyone else to hear but I hear it because I know the truck. How many miles do you have on your OEM tires?

Old 08-12-2002, 11:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
update:

The noise/vibration had nothing at all to do with the front end... turns out the noise she was describing is the Manik guard howling in the wind. Nothing more than that.

Just thought I'd let y'all know.

-Joe-

Old 08-12-2002, 11:22 PM
Re: tire noise

Originally posted by DBubba
Troy,

You are correct the truck did need an alignment (Actually some shims that were left off at the factory)which I had done at 15K. Just that minor amount of tire wear that occurred in the first 15K caused the tires to whine at speed. Not loud enough for anyone else to hear but I hear it because I know the truck. How many miles do you have on your OEM tires?
i only have a little over 8k on my tires. and they look just fine. i'll prolly rotate them at the next oil change though. btw, a guy at the goodyear store told me i should easily get 60k miles out of these tires...!

Old 08-18-2002, 10:45 PM
Re: Re: tire noise

Originally posted by TroyK

i only have a little over 8k on my tires. and they look just fine. i'll prolly rotate them at the next oil change though. btw, a guy at the goodyear store told me i should easily get 60k miles out of these tires...!
Troy,

Keep a close eye on the front tires. I truck did not pull either direction or show any signs at all the the alignment was out. At about 14K miles I started noticed a very slight shoulder wear pattern. I had the shims installed and tires rotated. I looked at the fronts again and it appears that the front is still wearing on the shoulders. I will take it back in next week for its 23K checkup and have it checked again. I have no doubt the Goodyears will last 60K. My buddies 99 4X4 has 62K on the original Goodyears (but they are very worn and noisey).

2001 Chestnut KR

Quick Reply: Tomas has yet another problem I can't pinpoint