King Ranch

This one's for Daveman

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand what you mean... it lists the 2001's as having black with no beige two tone as well as the Charcoal/Chestnut/Green as options. Maybe the black isn't correct. However, it would look just like the black lariat with the beige two tone, so I wouldn't put it past them. From what I have seen of the lack of King Ranch's on the road, I wouldn't put it past Ford to do anything to make it a more popular truck. I'm sure the lack of color options contributed to that. After all, there are fewer colors available on the KR than the Lightning. On the other hand, look at the HD's popularity. Hard to tell as it will all be speculation until September or October when the dealers have them in hand. I am hoping for a white one though. Might just trade mine in or sell it for one of those.

Old 06-28-2002, 07:51 AM
Well, here's what I was looking for, confirmation of the two new colors for 2003, as plain as day on page two of this document.
http://www.sunrisefordfleet.com/pdfs...3/2003F150.pdf

Another interesting change I see is the brushed aluminum side steps with the arizona beige step pads. I wonder what those will look like? Also a standard in dash 6cd instead of the tape/changer thing.

Last edited by dufunnel; 06-28-2002 at 08:06 AM.
Old 06-28-2002, 11:40 AM
doesn't ford have a pearl white? the king ranch is begging for that colour, not just plain ole white!! sorry to those of you who are white lovers...

Old 06-28-2002, 03:51 PM
I agree that pearl would look nicer, but any white is acceptable for me. I also like the fact that the wood trim is now standard in the KR. I think it added a very nice look to my 2001 when I put it in. Now I'll just wait for one to show up on my dealer's lot so I can look at it, drive it, and make sure I want to get rid of my 2001 for it (I will be going with a supercab this time since I don't need the four doors).

Old 06-28-2002, 10:14 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think both colors are going to look darn good but, it somewhat upsets me. I was hoping that Ford would opt to make limited numbers of the KR edition in hopes that we would have something that's a 'tad more special and unique' but, from the sounds of it, we'll soon be seeing KR's flying up and down the roads at alarming rates.

I'm in Missoula, Montana right now and ran through the local dealership (because I miss my truck and hate this Grand Cherokee (that had 12 miles on it when I picked it up)). They had FIVE (5) KRs sitting on their lot.

They're becoming too prevalent.... I guess when you've got a hold of something good, you want it to be unique. At this point, the KR is somewhat unique but, from the sounds of it, those days are numbered.

RP

Quick Reply: This one's for Daveman