King Ranch

Wheel cleaning question

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm giving Zaino a try. My order is going in tomorrow, I'll let you know how well it works.
BD

Old 05-06-2002, 04:50 PM
The one thing I noticed, was that after one coat I was not impressed. But after 2, 3, 4, 5 coats, I became more impressed after each coat. It helps greatly in the look and ease of application if you use the quick detailer in between coats as well.

Old 05-06-2002, 05:49 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This stuff is sounding more and more attractive as time progresses.... sounds like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get some of this stuff.

I know it must shine like a '****' but, how's the protection? I've been nothing but happy with the protection level that meguiars mirror glaze professional series products offer.

Anyone have any insight?

RP

Old 05-07-2002, 08:32 AM
It lasts for quite some time. I always pride myself that I keep my truck immaculate, and this beads water for at least a month, as that's as long as I have let it go before doing another application.

Old 05-07-2002, 09:24 AM
Moderator &

You sound like me dufunnel. Question, with the continous application of the Zaino, do you get a 'build up'?

I was reading on their site and it says the more you apply, the better and deeper the shine but, is there a limit to that? I guess what I'm asking is, do you have to apply the Z-1 before every application of the Z-2? Or, once you have a layer of the Z-1 on the base, do you just apply more Z-2? I guess I'm looking at expense here... trying to justify if it's worth it. Definately seems like a lot of work... but, for my truck, if it does what you all say it does, it'd be worth it.

Also, what's the 'cure accelerator' that's $20 for 2ml. (2 milliliters is a VERY VERY SMALL amount of liquid). That stuff better be DAMN good. Used any of their other products?

Do you have to allow it to 'cure'? Thanks again dufunnel.

RP

Old 05-07-2002, 09:51 AM
I have had mine on for about 1.5 months now and it the water just sheets off my truck when it rains. I am very particular about my truck as well, and I was being optimistic thinking I would have to do this about every 2 months, but the way it is looking, I may not have to do it again for at least another month and a half.

I read somewhere that someone put nine coats on and then had to reapply the Z-1 polish-lok again, but no word of build-up. I am assuming you would not want to put more than 6 coats on before starting over again though. That is once nice thing aobut the Quick Detailer, is that you just put that on after everytoher wash and it resotres that just polished look. That is purely an option though.

Old 05-07-2002, 10:13 AM
Moderator &

Thanks Golfer. Any tips or suggestions to share? I think I'm going to order this stuff...

What all do I need? Z-1 & Z-2... quick detailer stuff... what else?

Old 05-07-2002, 10:57 AM
I use Z-1, Z-2, Quick Detailer. I tried their Z-5 swirl mark remover, but was not impressed. I also ordered their cotton pad applicators which helped with applying the product.

You might want to go and buy a couple of Large, White 100% MADE in the USA towels to buff the wax off. Fieldcrest or Cannon. If they are made in any other country they usually have some polyester in them even though they say 100% cotton and this will scratch the paint.

Use VERY thin coats when applying. apply it so you can barely see it. This will help with drying time and ease of removal.

If you check on their website, they have these tips and more that are very helpful.

Also, If you want to apply more than one coat a day, get the ZFX and some small bottles to mix it in so you don't waste your polish.
Drying time is majorly affected by humidity, so take that into consideration when using it. Here it is so dry , that it takes about 10 minutes to dry.

Quick Reply: Wheel cleaning question