King Ranch

Little frightening fact

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the clay bar I got is hard as a rock and not soft and plyable like the above links say it should be.......and yes I did spray plenty of lubricant on the paint before applying the clay bar......hmmmm.....now how to remove the clay streaks.....I tried using the quick detailer with a cloth and a lot of pressure to no avail.......then I tried to polish it of....nope didn't work either.....gonna just rewash the truck with Dawn and rub the area and see what happens....aaarrgh.....I hate Michigan weather....

Old 04-30-2002, 02:25 PM
I would suggest buying another bar. maybe you got an defective bar. Dawn sounds like a good way to get those streaks out.

Gotta love that Michigan weather. I do not miss that at all.

Old 04-30-2002, 02:42 PM
i think she was on to something when she hit upon the temp being 45F. i would say to bering it into the shop and get it warmed up and then try again. i did mine at 70f in the shade and the clay was stiff but not hard. i sprayed it in the 3x3 foot area and then did small circles in the liquid. to get the clay off your most likely going to have to clay the vehicle as i don't believe dawn will have much of an effect.

Old 04-30-2002, 04:13 PM
I used Zaino's clay bar when I did my wife's jeep and it was the same temp. It also a whole drier here so I thought it would not eork. amazingly enough, it worked fine and was very pliable.

Who knows.

Old 04-30-2002, 05:04 PM
My girlfriend had this problem when the dealer tried to use the clay bar to get the rail dust off her Sport Trac. It left some nasty scuff marks in the clear coat that wouldn't come off. Zaino seemed to help them, but they are still noticeable. I got fed up and didn't bother to go back to bitch anymore about it, so I guess she can live with it. I wouldn't, but it's her truck, not mine.

Old 05-01-2002, 08:21 AM
well, I will not have these little marks on my Tomas....I don't care if I am the only one who can see them....I know they are there......drove Tomas to work today and I am gonna go over to auto zone and buy every kind of clay bar they have and try them all at lunch today......these scuff marks will be gone......they will be gone...

Quick Reply: Little frightening fact