King Ranch

Drove a Blackwoods...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Skagel
LOL
ok I just got back from the dealership and they have one for sale on there lot......I am considering buying it and just not driving it....ya know.....an investment......man that truck is sweet.......$54,725 price tag though......I can probably squeeze an X plan from a friend of mine who works at Ford, but that only takes the price down to about $52 after tax,title, and all the other crap they tack on......what do ya guys think? Should I do it? man it is a beautifully useless truck.....
Sarah, did the dealer say they would do X-Plan on the vehicle? I have a buddy in LA who told me that he got ZERO cooperation invoking the X-Plan at any of the Lincoln dealerships there. In fact, they are charging a $2,500 "market adjustment" on top of the $55K. Guess it's really popular with the celeb and gangsta crowd.

Otherwise, I would say go for it if you really want it. I like 'em a lot personally. Historicallly though, returns on investment vehicles have been less than stellar on all but the most high end of vehicles like Bentley's, Rolls, Dusenbergs, etc. I'll bet Lenticular could speak to the issue with great authority. Even Lamborghini's and Ferrari's take a good 15 years before they start ramping up in value and that is IF they haven't been driven. I did however buy my '64 GTO during a very sweet spot in the GTO market. Bought it 4 $14K about 2 years ago and have been offered $20K for it just recently. Hope my input is helpful. Who knows, with the single production year, it could be a real sleeper investment. Just my two cents...or your $52K.

Last edited by KingRanchAustin; 04-18-2002 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-18-2002, 08:52 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Skagel,

If we, as friends, can tell you anything....

LAY OFF THE CRACK, THAT **** WILL KILL YOU!

Old 04-18-2002, 10:36 PM
I guess i just misunderstood RockPick. So sorry. It would not be the first time i've done that.

Hey Daveman

How are you doing? Glad to see your back posting on the site. It's been pretty hot this week. Near 90 or better every day. I've been busy working on getting a transfer closer to home. It looks like it will work out. Sorry about not letting you know about the trip. We will be traveling down to Charolette N.C.(bad spelling) for the memorial weekend so the trip to Texas is out of the question.

Bye for now

Old 04-19-2002, 08:23 AM
yes the blackwood qualifies for the X plan.....because it is a truck it is also excluded from the luxury car tax..........I live in Ford country around here and the dealerships are up on all the X/A plan rules.

Old 04-19-2002, 08:38 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nah, wasn't saying that it wouldn't work on X or A plan. I was saying $55K for another peice to sit in the garage! I'm just messing with ya...

Old 04-19-2002, 09:01 AM
well, don't worry......I can't buy it......my mom just about blew a gasket when I told her......."You are single......a single woman doesn't need to have 4 vehicles" aaaaarrg, but it is ok for my brother to have a car lot of vehicles.....arrrg......yeah I am 27 and I still take orders from my mom......just making up for my childhood when I didn't listen to her......

Quick Reply: Drove a Blackwoods...