King Ranch

Damages to Tomas

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are going to hear exactly how you smashed the truck up aren't we....and where is that photo with you in it that we were promised?

2001 Chestnut KR....14,000 miles and dent free...hehe

Old 04-07-2002, 11:03 PM
excuse me! i just don't get it. the nearly 40k truck sits in the garage all winter because of fear of salt, but yet is used to tackle the rubicon trail!!! what??

Old 04-07-2002, 11:33 PM
Frankly, if I wasn't going to drive mine in the winter and have to deal with snow I'd go for one of those new supercharged 2WD Harley Supercrews.

Old 04-07-2002, 11:51 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, the Harley Editions are nice but, we'll stick with the KR! A Harley Edition just isn't LOGICAL in the King Ranch Forum.

Old 04-08-2002, 02:03 AM
Harley Harley Harley............

Old 04-08-2002, 09:15 AM
GIJoeCam took a couple pics of Tomas and I......at least that is what he told me haven't seen them yet.....I was to busy having fun and forgot to ask somebody to take a pic of Tomas and I.....I believe GIJoeCam was trying to get a pic of my ***, but couldn't find it

As for how Tomas sustained his injuries....well, I think I will leave that one a mystery but it was all well worth it. I had a blast and I think our KR's do great off-road....the problems I had were all caused from in-experience and operator error.......after all.....I am a "woman driver"

Old 04-08-2002, 11:29 AM
ok guys Tomas is back from the doctor....gonna cost me $1,800 to fix him back up. Oh well. guess it could have been worse.

Old 04-08-2002, 02:50 PM
sounds like less damage than you previously thought, hope they do a good job matching the paint.

Old 04-08-2002, 06:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know a secret!

I know a secret, I know a secret!

I won't reveal what a dumbass she was! I've been sworn to secrecy.

Here's a good shot of her truck [gasp!] Dirty! http://communities.msn.com/gijoecam/...to&PhotoID=565

It wasn't by her own choice, though... I think Redwing got her, but I could be wrong....

Here are a couple more good pics....
http://communities.msn.com/gijoecam/...to&PhotoID=563
http://communities.msn.com/gijoecam/...to&PhotoID=545

The rest of my pics are here:http://communities.msn.com/gijoecam/...nd.msnw?Page=1 (Note: there are 5 pages there)

Originally posted by DAVEMAN
Sarah,

As far as you being his mother, I was shocked that you didn't say his lover!
Hey! That's my job! :P

Additional damage: She forgot to mention that the front skid plate between the radiator and the cross-member got bashed in a bit too, but that only takes about 10 minutes to fix, so it's not even worth replacing. (Forgot to tell her about that)

Luckily, most of the damage is only superficial. If she hadn't had the grille guard on, she would be replacing the front bumper, bumper cover, grille surround, at least one, if not both headlights and corners, probably one fog light if not two, a fender or two, not to mention a back bumper, tailgate, taillight or two, possibly a rear fender, and a trailer hitch. It could have been A LOT worse!

Pkagel,

There shouldn't be much paint matching involved. The bumper cover comes pre-painted from the supplier., and the fender has a slight scratch that will probably be rubbed out (it didn't appear to be even through the clearcoat to me). The majority of the impact was taken by the guard and the bumper. I haven't really looked underneath it, but I suspect that the bumper mrackets deformed just the way they should. Either way, it took the impact quite well. (I'm just glad it wasn't ME she was following! I still had my trailer hitch coupler in with no ball on it, and I think it would have gone right through the plastic and into the power steering or trans cooler, if not the radiator! That would have been a MAJOR bummer!

-Joe-

Old 04-08-2002, 07:20 PM
Re: I know a secret!

Originally posted by GIJoeCam
I know a secret, I know a secret!

yeah, yeah, yeah....whatever....you know a lot of my secrets let's try and keep it that way....oh and you are sooooo gonna pay for that dumbass comment......oh and let's not forget your skid plate is all messed up to....oh and your trucks have cancer! mine don't!

Old 04-08-2002, 07:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Re: I know a secret!

Originally posted by Skagel

oh and let's not forget your skid plate is all messed up to....oh and your trucks have cancer! mine don't!
I never hid the fact my skid plate is bent... I did it last time and fully expected to again. That's what it's there for.

Oh, and the reason mine has cancer is because I actually drive it! (Not to mention it's four times as old as yours! I seem to recall seeing some rust forming on your undercarriage and drivetrain too!) :P

Last edited by GIJoeCam; 04-08-2002 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-08-2002, 08:12 PM

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-05-2005 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-08-2002, 11:11 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GIJOE,

You got pics of her truck but none of those nudie pics that you had promised! We want some skin! LOL.

Old 04-09-2002, 01:06 AM
Sorry to hear of the damage. I would like to know what brand of grill guard that is, I'm thinking of buying one and I don't want just a cosmetic one. Yours seems to have done it's job.
BD

Old 04-09-2002, 08:18 AM
mine was a Westin, but I am going to replace it with a Manik....I figure at the rate I am going it will probably happen again.....may as well, get some of my own personal testing and research out of it right? my taillight guards are gonna finally arrive this week and they are made by Manik....so yeah, basically I really want my stuff to match.....it is a chick thing you wouldn't understand!

Quick Reply: Damages to Tomas