King Ranch

NJ Horse Expo.. ACBELL...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2002, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bcdf

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-05-2005 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-02-2002, 10:27 PM
Smile Hey Mike,

It was a surprise to be driving in and at first I said, "Oh look honey, another KR." But then we got closer and I saw your signature mudflaps and I'm like, "Hey!! That's Mike's KR, you know the one from Montclair I was telling you about who had the mudflaps and bugshield painted to match!"

I have been trying to convince my wife that I needed to paint them both, but she thought I was crazy and they were good enough. Besides she didn't want to waste money on that stuff. I think after she saw yours up close, I will finally get her to loosen the purse strings enough to let me buy the paint to do it.

We have only seen blue and chestnut ourselves, no green ones yet, and they were all at dealers. Yours would be the first we've seen on the road, and it looked Sweeeeet with the painted accessories and hardtop.

Dirty? My truck was dirty! Yours looked clean to me. You must have very high standards where you use the “White Glove Test” because it wasn't noticeable to the naked eye (well I am legally blind without my glasses on).

That 650 SuperCrewzer was pretty nice. A little too big for my liking. It was like sitting in a semi. If we ever start traveling and hauling horses around the country, maybe a smaller body style like the 450/550, but we have to get the horses first. We where there to narrow down what we wanted and pick up some good pointers.

You missed some good shows in the Main Ford Arena with Pony Boy and Kenny Harlow breaking those horses. It was amazing what they could do in an hour. I will be heading back tomorrow to learn and watch some more.

Maybe some time we can catch up and do a photo shot with both trucks (once my accessories are painted of course). How long does it take you to get down to the Bridgewater Commons Mall in Somerville or were you closer to where we were today in Somerset?

Old 03-03-2002, 08:36 AM
man you guys are making me jealous....i wish there were some friendly KR owners in my neck of the woods.....everytime i see a KR it is always some old wrinkled up man driving it and he looks like he has a stick up his ****. I even talked to a guy who was getting out of his estate green '01 KR at the grocery store once and he looked at me like i was just a crazy teenager.....I think I need to move up to the Northern suberbs above Detroit.

but I if you guys get together for a photo op you better post the picks.....I just love to drewl....

Old 03-03-2002, 10:42 AM

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-05-2005 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-03-2002, 03:28 PM
actually mike I think the rock/hail test should be done prior to any paint changes in order to get an accurate test result on the factory paint.

ummm...i mean no you can't paint thomas green.

Old 03-03-2002, 08:36 PM
Well, it was another great day at the Horse Expo, just lonelier being the only KR there. While I'm at it let me digress to say, who the hell is in charge of these Ford sponsored events? If these people had any business sense at all, they would have had at least one KR there, if not all three colors in different configs. I would have had a KR SCrew with rear bench in Chestnut, a KR SCrew with the captains in Blue, and the KR SCab in Estate Green. Instead they had a $93K SuperCrewzer. Now maybe they sold one of those (unlikely), but they probably could have had dozens of KR sales. Nobody knows about the KR trim and certainly can't appreciate them until they sit in one and can see the leather first hand. Especially all those horse people (who have the money) and are spending thousands on saddles, and wouldn't they love a truck with the same quality interior with saddlebags to boot. Just my 2-cents.

Anyway, I'm actually located in the middle of nowhere, that is why I use West-Central, NJ. It gets tiring trying to explain where the heck is Barbertown, NJ , so there you go. I work just outside Somerville, about 10 minutes from the Commons. We are used to traveling all over because nothing of substance is near by. The price you pay to live in the country.

Anyway, if we could find an Estate Green, that would be cool; but that may not be anytime soon at the rate we're seeing them. What kind of backdrop did you have in mind? I will have to think about what's around we could use. Do you want to be up high with an overlook, down low by water, fields in the background, barns, buildings, etc.? Or we could do a day trip and do them all! Well, my wife may not approve. I don't know, to much to choose from. What are you thinking? We have a little time since I will have to find time to paint my accessories when the weather gets nicer.

Last edited by acbell; 03-03-2002 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-03-2002, 10:32 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
NINETY THREE THOUSAND DOLLAR SUPERCREWZER?!? HOLY CRAP BATMAN! $93,000 for a truck!??!? *poops on himself* Anyone have any pictures of this truck?

Old 03-03-2002, 10:53 PM
I didn't feel like carrying my camera around, but this link will show you the basics. The one at the show was white with some colorfull decal graphics. If you want to haul 30K lbs, then maybe you will need to spend that much. I'm not there yet.

Old 03-04-2002, 08:16 AM

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-05-2005 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-04-2002, 08:25 AM

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-05-2005 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-04-2002, 09:23 AM
Yea, it was a white Lariat. Not exactly a great place to put it. That's funny, that guy looked at mine too when I went to pickup my wife at the main entrance.

Yes we are 7-minutes from Stockton and 15 from Lambertville. The canal would probably be nice, but not sure where would be a good spot where we could get close enough. Maybe at Bulls Island North of Stockton on Rt-29 there is a canoe launch. I will scout around in the mean time.

Old 03-08-2002, 10:38 AM

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-05-2005 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-08-2002, 12:49 PM
It must have been one of the early 02's. Skagel's didn't have one of the KR badges either. Am I the only one who's actually gotten a real tailgate badge so far? Guess I'll have to post the part number up here for those who's dealers think they're insane, like mine did. Or maybe I should sell the part number on ebay. (Still LMAO at the subwoofer thread)

Old 03-08-2002, 01:19 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
dufunnel,

I think you are the lone KR tailgate badger'. I'm still kicking around the idea of chopping the f150 off of my fender badge and putting one back there. It can't be that bad looking (I am a perfectionist however...). Heck, if it doesn't work, I'll make a hitch cover with it. *shrugs*

Old 03-08-2002, 02:06 PM

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-05-2005 at 11:25 AM.

Quick Reply: NJ Horse Expo.. ACBELL...