King Ranch

Subwoofer Location in King Ranch

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dunfunnel-

Ahhh... now i see the light. It's hard to visualize this until you actually take the console apart. OK- now that I got that part down- I think I can manage to make a little something...

As far as firing a sub down versus up- do you think you would get better bass response when firing down?

Old 03-06-2002, 02:59 PM
I never figured out the deal with the two. I think the initial worry was that the lid would rattle and vibrate too much, but I haven't had that problem with mine facing up. I kind of figured that the sheet metal would rattle worse with a downfiring sub, but I am not an acoustic engineer, so I couldn't say for sure. I am just an electrical engineer, so I deal with the power and current and all that jazz (I learned my mechanical and building skills from my dad who is a mechanical engineer). You may have to read up on the differences more if you don't know which to do. The space that's there is capable of accomodating either, so it shouldn't really matter.

Good luck.

Old 03-07-2002, 10:54 AM
...about those deminsions- I tried to figure out the "shape" of your box. Is it shaped like a rectangle- but thinner towards the front and wider at the rear... ie/ 8" wide at the front and 14" wide at the rear? It doesn't look like a perfect square would fit in that whole.

one more thing- You gutted the entire inside of that console... did you also take out that black stand/rack that the bottom was bolted into? So if you took your sub box out- would you see the metal frame below it- or more black plastic?

Old 03-07-2002, 11:26 AM
Hmm, sounds like I should sell you the plans. After all, you seem to be all about selling everything you can on ebay. If you have so much time on your hands, maybe you should figure out for yourself the best way to get a box in there.

Good luck.

Old 03-07-2002, 01:59 PM

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-05-2005 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-08-2002, 10:41 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LMAO

Old 03-08-2002, 12:45 PM
Very nice.... I hadn't actually seen any of those on ebay yet. Just heard about them. *LMAO while trying to be quiet at work*

Mind if I use your ad word for word when I list the plans on ebay?

Old 03-08-2002, 02:11 PM

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-05-2005 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-09-2002, 01:00 AM
...yea- actually- I've made quite a bit of money selling this tip/trick on ebay. It's totally honest and straight forward... Lets face it- the majority of people who use computers have no idea how they work- and most peoples home computers are so messed up in terms of their Windows mis-using the computers memory....

My computer was all tweaked up- and I called microsoft for help. I new how to fix my computer- but I couldn't figure out how to use their new Windows 98 operating system. They changed the way you could manage memory... regardless- they wouldn't help me and kept saying - for 30 bucks- we can give you the information you request.

So basically- I'm now selling this tip/trick on ebay for 10 bucks- versus 30.... and everybody says it's money well spent. If your system recources is below 90% after a fresh reboot- your windows is mis-managing your memory- and you are loosing out on speed. When your computer is running properly- your windows should load within about 20-30 seconds... most peoples' computers I mess around on take a good 3-5 minutes.

anyway-... just a cool little side business I got going on... helping the average computer novice with killer tricks.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer Location in King Ranch