King Ranch

Important message

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pkagel is right...my rice burner has no rust and gets driven through piles of wet salt.....when my b/f and i replaced the horns in my Thomas i noticed rust.....yes rust...on a truck that is sitting in the garage and just hit 3k miles on him wtf. i was pissed...i payed an extra $500 for some stupid anti-corrosion control system and the dang truck still rusts....and for you smarty pants out there i wasn't looking at my brake calibers, rotors, rack & pinions aka drive axle...or anything that is supposed to have rust.....i was looking at the radiator housing....AAAAUUUGH!!!!!

but i still love my Thomas...even though he has cancer!!!!

Old 02-12-2002, 05:26 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cancer? LMAO!

Old 02-12-2002, 08:02 PM
what horns did you get kiddo, caddy ones maybe??? those sound awsome on a friends truck out here, hell, wakes the dead and sometimes even wakes up those bimbos on their darn cell phones out here!!!

Old 02-12-2002, 08:15 PM
couldn't find the old caddy horns out here so i got something very close....the old caddy horns have 140 decibels....the horns i got have 138 decibels....didn't break the windows in the house, but did make the punk in the neon who cut me off this morning jump out of his seat.....got the approving nod from the guy in an expedition next to me when we got to the stop light though.

Old 02-12-2002, 09:53 PM
awsome, where did you get them then, jc whitney? you must honk them for me next time i call. are you going to do mom and jenny's scab's?

Old 02-13-2002, 08:14 AM
no, but gonna have the b/f hook up a CB in the baby sis's truck. Mom thinks the horns are excessive. Mom says she doesn't want to stand out....hmmm, 5'11" thin beautiful women stepping out of a gorgeous F150 Lariat...hmmmm nah she doesn't stand out at all...nope, nobody will notice her.....

Old 02-13-2002, 09:55 AM
now call me crazy but when i honk i really do want to stand out, not honking for my health or just to say hi, i honk to tell somebody to watch out for mine or their safety. tell mom from the safety standpoint as i think she'll want them then. you want pathetic horns, laurel's toyota before i changed to air horns, sounded like a kids tricycle, LOL.

Old 02-13-2002, 10:33 AM
hmm toyota.....there will be no talk of toyota or any other inferior trucks on this website.....

Old 02-13-2002, 10:53 AM
Is it just me?

I don't understand this pkagel / skagel thing.

Did the schools you attended not ever point out the use of upper case / capital letters ?

Why do you both insist on talking about " i " all the time.

its VerY iRRiTATiNG tO reAd alL tHe TiMe

Old 02-13-2002, 11:40 AM
So Sarah, what horn did you get? I was disappointed at mine too. Not loud or aggressive enough.

Old 02-13-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Lenticular
Is it just me?

Did the schools you attended not ever point out the use of upper case / capital letters ?
actually i'm just too lazy and type too fast with two fingers to hit the shift key, don't know sarah's reason. at least we are not typing in all caps, now that is hard to read.

Old 02-13-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Skagel
hmm toyota.....there will be no talk of toyota or any other inferior trucks on this website.....
hey, at least i was ******* it and not telling you how good a truck it is. fact is, if i was going to buy a new truck it would be a scab long bed f250 with a diesel the same color combo as mom's white and az beige, too sweet. i would do the line-x like you did though. maybe someday when i'm as rich as you.

Old 02-13-2002, 12:50 PM
Sorry to pursue the point, but we all try to type as quickly as we can.
Most people still try to maintain a common standard whereby the basic rules of grammar and writing are adhered to.
It makes it easier for others to read...especially if English is not the primary language.
If we all lived by the maxim of doing everything as quickly as possible without common ground rules we would all be looking at Gibberish.....
As indeed we are sometimes !!
We all make mistakes in our typing and posts, but I for one always read through and endeavour to make sure that it is correct as I can make it.
Not to do so is discourteous to those who read and participate in those posts.

Old 02-13-2002, 03:35 PM
sorry len, i do read over my post. but not for lack of education i am not the greatest speller and i often make mistakes. My gramar also isn't as good as it should be...i apoligize for any problems you have had reading any of my posts....saddly, but i have friends who spanish is there first language correcting my gramar....once again my apologies.

oh and the reason i don't use caps...i was told by a computer geek friend of mine that using caps on the web was kinda like screaming....i took note of that and stopped using caps altogether. unless of course i want to scream.

and as for my horns...i just picked them up at Murrays out here in michigan. they are nothing special really. i will check the specific brand, but i am sure you could go to any auto supply store and pick some up. you can also go to jcwhitney and find the same sort of horn. they do make a difference, but not one that would make you pee your pants being the other driver. didn't really want to scare anyone into an accident.

Last edited by Skagel; 02-13-2002 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-14-2002, 04:33 AM
Okkkaaayy...
Thanks for your honest reply.....
I think the person who made the comment about capitals meant when people USE THEM ALL THE WAY THROUGH A POST.

I meant a capital at the beginning of each sentence as is the norm !

Certainly don't take anything personally as per this or the other post relating to the Kagel thread!

Believe me the intention is just to keep a very good forum on line and we don't want to lose any of you....not that I am in any position to make that sort of comment.

I don't know if you contribute to any forums on other subjects, but I do, and believe me this one is as well designed and as nice to contribute to as any!
I have directed several friends of mine on both sides of the Atlantic to look at this forum......people who have no interest in trucks (That IS possible, strange to say!)...and they have all been very impressed !

Quick Reply: Important message