King Ranch

King Ranch Supercab

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
King Ranch Supercab

Hello Gang. I'm a new member and I've ordered a new King Ranch F-150 Supercab 4x4 in Chestnut/Arizona Beige. Options are 5.4 engine, 3.55 limited slip rear end, Trailer towing package, King Ranch Enhanced off road package (includes skid plates and Rancho shocks) and electric shift on the fly. The truck is being built on Feb 18, 2002 in Norfolk. Va. BOY AM I EXCITED!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON IT!!!!!!!!. Let me tell you I have not been able to see the Chestnut paint on a real truck only in the Ford Truck brocure and only the pictures you guys have posted(they look fantastic). I was able to find the blue and green on 2001 Supercrews in my area. None of the local dealers had any King Ranches of any color on their lots. It sounds like the folks who have the Chestnut are pleased with their choices. I chose it because I thought It would match the interior. I hope I made the right choice for me. Anyway has anyone seen a King Ranch Supercab or is this a rare bird. The other thing has anyone had any problems with the electric shift on the fly? I didn't really want it but the dealer said it was part of the KR package. I didn't get it on my last truck a 1992 F150 XLT Supercab 4x4 because it was a new feature that year. Some of my friends had it on their trucks and it cost them $500 in repair costs.

Old 02-06-2002, 09:20 PM
Hey Ranchand,

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new KR selection. We are glad to have you with us and hope you stick around and enjoy the fellowship and friendship. Sounds like you've made a good choice in the KR and the Chestnut color.

To try and answer your questions.

No, there no other member that has a Scab KR that I'm aware of on this site but I've seen them in the Ford literature.

I've had the electric shift on the fly on two different trucks and no problems here.

Don't overlook the other King Ranch threads and hope to see or chat with you some other time.

Oh, and if you hadn't noticed yet, I'm partial to the KR in chestnut too.

Later,
DaveMan

Last edited by DAVEMAN; 02-07-2002 at 07:28 AM.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:10 PM
DAVEMAN Thanks, I can see why your fond of Chestnut. I really like your tool box but would like to have one in a gull wing design. I've checked on the Better Built home page but could not find a DARK Aluminum Box do they make it in this color. Exactly what color is it. Black? Or is this your design and what mods did you make. Any info would be greatly appriciated.

Old 02-06-2002, 10:21 PM
i've seen these black anodized boxes on several trucks in so. cal.

Old 02-06-2002, 10:28 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
**STARTS A CHANT**

CHESTNUT, CHESTNUT, CHESTNUT, CHESTNUT, CHESTNUT, CHESTNUT!

Old 02-06-2002, 10:32 PM
Welcome Ranchand!

Good luck with your truck and welcome to a great site with great people and lots of good info. I have only seen one KR supercab. That was at a dealer in Florida when I was looking for my KR Screw. It looked good but was green. Sorry i'm just not a big fan of green.

Old 02-06-2002, 10:46 PM
Thanks everyone for welcoming me to your group I look forward to the company. And thanks for letting me know is is an Anodized aluminum tool box I'm interested in purchasing. At least I know what to ask for. Thanks

Old 02-07-2002, 05:07 AM
Hey Dave (again) and Ranchand !

So Dave....
Where did I provide this mis-information that I have a SuperCab...
and not a Supercrew.
Has someone unknown to me me manipulated my photos which even to a Limey ignoramous are quite clearly a SUPERCREW.

(Though I must admit that a year ago if someone had mentioned these SCAB and SCREW acronyms I would have thought I was on some perverted **** site).

I think you're losing it Dave....probably old age....have a rest....go drive a 92 Caprice Classic for a few days to help you relax and take you away from the obvious pressures of life in the fast lane.

(Or in our case Old Farts Lane)

Don't worry....you'll have company.

The other night as I sat at dinner I absentmindedly topped up my glass of coke with sauce.

To remind you...
and me since I won't see it for a long while...

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...y.cfm?gnum=691

Old 02-07-2002, 07:30 AM
Lenny,

I don't have the foggiest idea of what the bloody hell you're rambling about old boy. I think that sauce you put in your drink you mentioned must have been laced with arsnic.

Later,
DaveMan

Old 02-07-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Ranchand
Thanks everyone for welcoming me to your group I look forward to the company. And thanks for letting me know is is an Anodized aluminum tool box I'm interested in purchasing. At least I know what to ask for. Thanks
actually, if you could find somebody to prep the metal right spraying the bedliner on the box would look pretty nice also if it matched whatever color you got done in the bed.

Old 02-07-2002, 10:36 AM
Wink Hey Dave...

I don't need you messing with my head to make me feel like I'm losing it !

I feel that way anyhow!

You don't just happen to have deleted part of a post do you....!!??

Y'know...the one where you told Ranchand about the guy over the pond who had a Scab in Chestnut.
You know the one that I copied and pasted in my file and can bring back in a moment!
(!!!)
Go on...deny it...I was just dreaming I suppose.

(Seen my other reply yet?)

Translations can be provided.

Have a nice day....or whatever you are saying over there at the moment.

(Missing you already )

Last edited by Lenticular; 02-07-2002 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-07-2002, 10:52 AM
Welcome, Ranchand. You have made the right choice with the Chestnut. It compliments the overall look of the truck very well (it also looks bigger when parked next to the KR Blue). I saw a KR SCab in Chestnut too, it looked just as good as the KR SCrew just with a longer bed and a little less leg room in the back.

Old 02-07-2002, 06:13 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Dave...

Being a geologist, I must correct one of your last posts....

it's spelled...

ARSENIC

Old 02-07-2002, 07:06 PM
Hey Lenny,

You didn't really copy that post, did you? I did pull a fast one on you and you are not loosing it yet. I was just having a little harmless fun and yes, I did screw up and say your truck was a Scab but all along I knew it was a Screw. Hell, I posted your pics on this site before you did but I guess my memory is not very long, "A". As to your other post, yes yes I did see that and I was quite tickled too. Keep them coming and some transalation would be very helpful for sure.

Later Friend,

Hey Ranchand,

The only black tool boxes I've ever heard of are powder coated black and not black anodized. I think they look like they might be black anodized but I've checked with Daws Better Built and UWS as well as some others and they are all black powder coated paint. I may be wrong but you can find out fairly easily. Good luck with your endeavors.

Later,

Hey RockPick,

I don kno wha the fu yo talkbout dud, I got may poisone from the mos relibl sorces and I be pay the high price to get dat chit call arsnic. Bsides, I beez an enginr and I cant spel chit anywhohow, hehe.

DaveMan

Old 02-07-2002, 09:47 PM
powder coat, even better, they do look awsome though don't they. you know, powder comes in so many colors these days, should be able to get them to match the box to the truck.

Quick Reply: King Ranch Supercab