King Ranch

Motor Trend - KRF150 vs RAM vs Silverado vs Tundra

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like the Chestnut folks have a boosted ego. That's how psychologically they feel that theirs are bigger... I would like to note that the blue is the only one that is a metallic color, so ours glistens and shines in the sun much better than the other three Thought I would enter in this color debate.

Old 02-01-2002, 09:46 PM
Actually dufunnel, Estate Green also is Metalllic. So I guess we both like to shine in the sun.......

Old 02-02-2002, 06:15 AM
dufunnel,

I hate to burst your bubble but Chestnut glistens in the sun as most colors on the F-150s do. Chestnut is also metallic along with the Arizona Beige trim too. If any one has a boosted ego then it must be..........I dunno.

For the 2000-2002 year models, out of all the colors offered, the only ones that were not clearcoat metallic were Oxford White, Black and Bright Red.

This information is readily available in the sales brochures as well as Fords website.

Check out this link: http://www6.forddirect.fordvehicles....frProd=3535702

Later dude,

DaveMan

Old 02-02-2002, 06:32 AM
I don't care what anyone else says....all of the KR colors are the best....if it were socially acceptable and my family wouldn't raz me i would have one in every color...

Old 02-02-2002, 06:50 AM
Hey Skagel,

I guess we're the early morning KR forum, hey? What's the weather like up there in the motor city?

Its going to be around 60°F here today. Maybe I can get out and wash my Screw off, you know, give her a good rubdown

Later,

DaveMan

Old 02-02-2002, 07:02 AM
heheh...aaaugh...it is cold, it is snowing, it is cold, they salted the roads, yuck...i hate winter in michigan.....i want to wash my truck to...he is so lonely and jealous because i don't give him any attention. i wonder if he thinks i like the rice burner more then him
nah i just ordered him an Alpine navigational system which will be installed in the spring and KC HIDs so he must know i love him best...i did receive both lit logos...i should instal those today.....better go turn up the heat in the garage now.....aaaugh i hate winter....thank god for large garages with heat huh?

Old 02-02-2002, 08:37 AM
Hey Sarah,

If you've got the cash to buy a KR in all three colors, then if I were you I wouldn't give a rats **** whether it was sociably acceptable or not.

If you 've got that kind of disposable income then you can tell just about everyone to kiss your royall..... if they don't like you having three KR trucks in different colors.

Offer still stands, let me know if you need a car wash man, water boy, handy man or any other occupation paying $100K/yr or equivilant compensation

Later,
DaveMan

Old 02-02-2002, 02:09 PM
ok i went out to borders and picked up motor trend...yeap ahuh our little babies did very well..i had a couple problems with the article...one that really stands out is the fact they said our babies had a 5.7Lv8...hmmm must be a typo because as far as i know there is no such thing....also wasn't the climate control standard because they show a picture of the interior and it didn't have climate control. it also gave us a b- for styling and the dodge an A...yuck the dodge come on...looks like a truck on steroids....anyways despite that i was pleased to read how well our babies did.

Old 02-02-2002, 06:22 PM
hey skagel,

i'm gonna be completely unpolitically correct when i say this, so i hope you get a laugh out of it and nothing else.

if you have enough throw away money for three krs, how bout' i become your bitch??

Old 02-02-2002, 06:32 PM
hey yuz guys are ragging the dodge too much. i checked em out and they would have been contenders if it weren't for two things. the back seat is uncomfortable and small vs the s-crew. and the large v/8 powertrain is an old design that uses too much fuel and isn't as powerful as the newer ford and chevy motors.

dodge is fixing the powertrain issue this fall with a new hemi motor but i still like the interior of the kr s-crew better. much classier and exclusive vs anything gm or dodge offers. just my two cents.

Old 02-02-2002, 07:15 PM
Dodge Ram

I also gave the dodge a quick look. It seemed to me that the back seat area and doors was much smaller. I did not think it looked as good as the Screw. I don't recall seeing a moonroof option either.

Old 02-02-2002, 07:34 PM
ok i'm sorry for ragging on the dodge, after all my uncle does have one....of course until very recently after a long conversation with him he was using fram oil filters...eeek...so the dodge is a great truck in all areas....except it lacks power, comfort, looks, economy, ah and everything that makes our KR's special, and no sunroof option....hmmm...yeah the dodge is great...NOT!!! OK, I am sorry i did it again...i am just so partial to our KR's i am just blind to all others.

Old 02-04-2002, 06:29 AM
Sure was glad to see the KR get the edge in the new Motor trend comparison. I mostly consider this magazine General Motor's trend becuase they usually give the edge in these kind of tests to a Gmc or Chevy truck and sometimes an import. when the new F150 stlye came out in 1997 everybody liked the new truck and I am glad to see they are still feeling the same way. that's a good job by Ford. I had the first year '97 F150 Supercab XLT 4x4 5.4L and it was a great truck. never had any problems at all. now I am in a 2002 F250 SD SC V10 Lariat and this truck is awesome. I had the KR in mind for buying but decided to go with SD this time around. the KR is a great looking truck still carrying that Ford quality to bring home top honors. Glad to see it. Later 95rcobra.
1995 Cobra R model #185.

Old 02-05-2002, 11:10 AM
Checked out the article last night. Was there any doubt our babies wouldn't win out overall. Sounds just like my house when they talked about fighting over the keys to the KR. Also good to know it can go offroad if we had too. I knew it would perform wonderfully in the snow from experience, but that salt! This morning the whole side of the truck was plastered with a white coating of salt and grim, yikes! I will have to wash it on the way home. I now know why Sarah keeps her's tucked away. Hopefully the new Husky Mud Flaps on order will help this.

Old 02-05-2002, 12:10 PM
You keep driving that KR in the evil salt like that and i will have to drive out there an confiscate her from ya

Quick Reply: Motor Trend - KRF150 vs RAM vs Silverado vs Tundra