King Ranch

Removing Decals from Paint...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
This is what my dealer branded me with

And per someones recomendation here, i tried working a strand of fishing line behind the badge, and it worked well, only a small chunk of ahesive left on the paint, the next day i scrapped the rest of the adhesive off with my finger nail when i washed my truck.
-Patrick

Oh man thats an horrible looking dealer sticker. Ive had mine on the truck for 2 weeks now since i got it, and it been too damn cold out to peel it off.

Old 02-17-2006, 01:41 AM
I've always thought it very cheeky that dealers stick their logos on new vehicles without even asking the customer if it's OK.
My usual dealer, much as I like them, seem to put on a rather unpleasant white logo (Or Black when the vehicle is white), virtually as soon as they arrive at the dealership.
Fortunately while new they peel fairly easily.

Here in the UK insult is added to injury when the dealers add their full name at the bottom of the licence plate....dealers make the plates up here.
In days gone by you could go into any automotive store and get plates made up in a few minutes, but these days with so much vehicle theft and cloning of vehicles only licenced dealers are supposed to make them up, and they are required to show their name to prove the plates were made legally.

On the subject of removing stickers, I have been doing it for years and thought I had the subject covered.
However last week I personally imported from Japan a 4X4.
It's a Mitsubishi Pajero Exceed. It's like the Shogun we get here in the UK except to say it's fully loaded is an understatement.....it's got absolutely everything, including some things like a Turbo Timer (Allows the turbo to cool down after switching off the ignition), that I haven't seen before.
It's a vehicle you can't buy outside of Japan and they have done low mileage and they don't use salt on their roads, so they are in superb condition.
Anyway this one had one or two thin metallic stickers on it...I think to do with the export licence.
I just could not get them off...Hair dryer at full blast, Sticky Stuff remover....I tried it all.
In the end the sticker came off but left all the residue behind.
Nothing would move it....in the end I had to resort (Very carefully for fear of damaging the paint), to cellulose thinners.....dapped on with a tissue a small amount at a time...that did it, but I was sweating !

Last edited by Lenticular; 02-17-2006 at 02:29 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Thumbs up Removing Decals

A metal blade might cause damages to the paint. But a plastic blade will do in removing decals smoothly.

Quick Reply: Removing Decals from Paint...