King Ranch

Repainting cost??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Repainting cost??

I did something stupid and I wonder what repainting the passenger side bed panel will cost. As I was backing in the garage, I caught the edge of my toolbox on my bed just behind the passenger side rear wheel. It left a scratch about 3 inches long. OUCH !! It is only on the upper blue portion of the paint, so I wonder for someone out there who may have painting experience how much it would cost to have this done? I assume the whole panel would have to be painted, but would they have to do both of the two tone colors, or could just the blue be redone and then restriped? I tried to get my comprehensive to cover it by telling them I got keyed, but they wouldn't buy that. They told me it would have to be covered under collision. I don't want to take it in to the dealer until I am sure that it won't cost me an arm and a leg, and I don't want to make a claim under collision for it.

Old 12-07-2001, 10:34 AM
OUCH! i am sorry. not sure about the paint cost, but i have the pinstriping if you want it. they made a sad attempt at reparring mine and gave me the leftovers. they only used the tape for the front drivers door.

Old 12-07-2001, 01:11 PM
Wow. That would be great if it turns out that I could do this economically. I have painted things myself in the past, but I am not about to do something like this. I tried touching it up, which made it look a little better, but it's still there. If it costs an arm and a leg, I can live with it (since it was my stupidity anyway). It will remind me that I did something stupid with a new truck.

Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it if it turns out it isn't too expensive to have done.

Old 12-07-2001, 01:33 PM
no problem...i still have the little box it came in. i can't throw anything automitve or automotive related away.....i guess that would explain the shock absorbers for a model "T" i have in the garage....never owned a model "T"

Old 12-08-2001, 03:21 AM
My truck came in from Factory w/ a scatch on the left side bed by Gas Cap. They took it to a professional body shop, put it in the paint booth and re did that whole side. Amazing work. The dealer paid $348, but thats at a shop down the road that does ALOT of work for that dealer. That dealer sells more vehicles than anyone in this area and that shop stays busy so im sure the dealer is getting a decent break. But, If I ever need to re paint I wont hesitate to take it there. They follow the same procedures as Ford does on their painting and did an incredible job.

Quick Reply: Repainting cost??