King Ranch

Buying another screw

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 12:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying another screw

well, that is it KR's i have decided to buy another screw. i just can't drive my Thomas in the winter salt and my son hates driving the rice burner so i called my dealership today and i am getting a '02 xlt 4X4. can't get up the driveway without 4wheel drive in the winter. thought about buying a used one, but what the heck buy it new and get what i want right? Wanted another KR maybe in the chesnut, but i just wouldn't be able to drive that one in the salt either. dang i just love my KR.

Old 12-05-2001, 03:36 PM
A new XLT screw as your winter beater?

Do you need a houseboy or butler or anything? I'm tired of this automotive supplier grind.

Just wondering,

Logical

Old 12-05-2001, 03:48 PM
it isn't new it is a 2001. my buddy down in toledo trades in his truck for a new one every year. it has 10k on it, but i know he took care of it.

you are in the automotive supply industry too huh? well, one of my jobs is at least. my main source of income is from toyota.

Old 12-05-2001, 07:53 PM
Well...your first post did say '02 and mentioned a dealer so I just assumed......

Anyhow, yes I am in that business and speaking of Toyota...I will be in Nagoya, Japan later this month meeting with Toyota and a few others.

And my very-likely-to-be-salt-caked KR will be out in some lonely corner of the metro airport lot slowly rotting away. Oh well.

Old 12-06-2001, 06:32 AM
I just can't understand why folks insist on living in the freezing cold and salt eating away on their pride and joy just for a job! I know, it's 'cause family right?

Hell, anyone can find a job and most likely you can make a better living down south, go figure.

I've always lived in the south so I guess my perspective is somewhat biased.

No salt, almost no snow, very little freezing, got beaches, got lakes, got everything plus it's usually warm except for the few months between January and March. Usually, by Easter, you can go swimming at the beach with no problems. Oh, and the education system is getting much better too.

Now I guess I'm gonna hear all the bad from everyone who reads this.....crap!

DaveMan

Old 12-06-2001, 07:21 AM
Logical,
get a ride to the airport and leave the KR home safe in the garage man......if ya want i can go visit your KR and reasure him that you will come back for him...or is your KR a her...
i do analysis work for toyota in New York.....precious metals....the ones you find in catalytic converters.......

Daveman,
why i live in michigan is way beyond my comprehention.....i hate michigan...i hate the snow....i must live in the most rude area....i especially hate the stupid laws...no-fault bull crap insurance....stupid gun laws that only make law abiding citizens like myself very difficult to buy and own guns....i could go on forever.....so why i live here.......i don't remember anymore.....my family is in southern california.....except for mom and sis.....who are moving back next year......

Old 12-06-2001, 05:01 PM
I can't argue with you Daveman, but it's that "close to the wife's family" thing you mentioned. We have an agreement to retire early to someplace warm though. What's even worse is that every single hobby I am into...golf, motorcycles, etc. ...are all warm weather things that are basically 24-weeks-a-year propositions around here.

As for making a living though...I love the automotive design/development business and this is kinda the heart of it all. Can't immagine that I could expect to be this grossly overcompensated in any other state. I survive the dark, dreary winters by taking a few weeks in Jamaica or Maui most every February.

Old 12-06-2001, 10:04 PM
Skagel , I gotta agree witchu about Michigan. I moved west 11 years ago and have never regretted it. I do like the snow, however, where I live they don't spread salt on the roads. Just sand for traction. So I guess I have no excuse for buying another truck!

Old 12-07-2001, 01:56 AM
Okay logical, but as I'm sure you know, there are more golf courses down in this neck of the woods than most anywhere in the country. Does Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head, Augusta or Kiawah Island ring any bells?

Skagel, if I didn't know any better, sounds like you'll be hanging in the SCAL area in the not too distant future again, hey?

IMO, with your apparent financial stability, you should live where ever you want and I'm sure you will soon.

Bronco,
When you moved out west, did you ever find any GOLD man?

DaveMan

Old 12-07-2001, 01:32 PM
Daveman, as far as the gold goes, my wife has found lots of it. She is the daughter of a second generation gold miner and when we go fishing sometimes she'll take her gold pan and has found a little. The only gold I've found was in the paint on my old Bronco.
Dave

Old 12-09-2001, 08:48 AM
Michigan has more than enough golf courses...more per capita than SC actually. It's just that we can't play them 26 weeks out of the year.

Old 12-09-2001, 09:13 AM
Hey logical,

Should've figured since michigan is a huge state and all the automotive execs must have something to do while sales guys are wining and dining them to close some deals, hey?

Oh well, guess I learned something today and I'm sure I will tomorrow too, seems we never stop doing that until we die.

Did you see the thread where Broncodave bought some KR wheels, might want to read that one if you haven't already.

DaveMan

Old 12-10-2001, 08:35 AM
ok guys back to the original topic at hand....mom thinks i am crazy for wanting more then one winter vehicle (like she has any room to talk)...boyfriend thinks i should just drive my Thomas in the salt....(he has lost his mind if he thinks i am going to sit back and watch the love of my life rust...)....i am still stuck in the middle with my son hating the rice mobile....so ponder this for a moment....i drive the rice mobile for a couple of winters until this passion for my Thomas fades slightly and i am willing to drive him in the salt....i figure this will take a good three years...i turn thomas into a winter truck and buy a lightning for the summer ......

"BUT I WANT MY THOMAS"......direct quote from 3.5 year old son...

Last edited by Skagel; 12-10-2001 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-15-2001, 06:00 PM
LOL, we have the '01 Lightning, and are dying to buy a KR. hehe

Currently the L has 2 BBC heads in the back, and 3 60lb lead weights. Soon we will have winter tires for her.

We are lucky here also. It snows, but only sand is used. Thus, we don't have to worry about rust.

Now, what they really need to make is a KR 4x4 with the L engine. I would have a deposit down on that bad boy RIGHT NOW!!!! Don't say Harley, because, while they look nice, they are 2wd and just too....... how do I say it....... overaccessorized. JMHO

Love your trucks guys. Will own one in the near future.

Last edited by 94LightningGal; 12-15-2001 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-15-2001, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by 94LightningGal

Now, what they really need to make is a KR 4x4 with the L
oh man a KR 4x4 with a L engine. oh man i think i need to go to the bathroom and clean myself up oh man......

Quick Reply: Buying another screw