King Ranch

Production Numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2001, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Production Numbers?

I realize we are not in the Lightning(no thanks, I'll buy a car if I want to go fast and own something sloppier than a soup sandwich in michigan winters)/Harley Davidson(I was tempted but 4 wheel drive was too much of a want) type catagory and am not interested in getting all geeky about our trucks or obcessing about this but...does anybody have an idea of just how many King ranch Screws Ford builds? Is it just a "as many as we can sell" kind of deal? Even if it is I'm still curious as to how many they sold.

As much as anything I just wanted to be the first besides webmaster to post here too. HA

Last edited by logical; 10-02-2001 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-03-2001, 12:03 AM
Hey Logical,

I guess I'll have to take second place. Seems you are always one step ahead of me if not more. I don't mind though, I was one of the least likely to succeed in High School too, at least among my friends. It seems my whole life I always start out last but end up in first because I'm tenacious as he//.

I was more into surfing than schooling. However, the world caught up with me and I realized I made a big mistake and fixed it. Now I'm 42 and I'm making the same money as a guy 4 years out of college, go figure. I should have stayed a mechanic and I would be pulling down 80 grand by now. Can't touch that without an MBA and an Engineering degree these days. I'm happy though cause someone can always steal a mechanic's tools, kind of hard to steal an education.

P.S. I didn't know we had a KR area. I just posted a thread on the Screw site about visiting the King Ranch in Texas. Check it out.

DaveMan,

Last edited by DAVEMAN; 10-03-2001 at 12:08 AM.
Old 10-03-2001, 12:50 AM
Smile

OK. I don't have a clue about production numbers, but I am the first guy to post here with an Estate Green King Ranch. I'll post some pics and update my profile after work slows down antelope, deer and elk seasons are over!

Old 10-03-2001, 07:52 PM
And let me be the first to post a pic of an Estate Green King Ranch. By the way I like the 4X4 stickers, but without the "OFF ROAD" stickers.

Last edited by ScrewKing; 10-03-2001 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-04-2001, 02:18 PM
I'm the first with a Charcoal Blue one.

Old 10-05-2001, 08:31 AM
OK...so there were 5 made that we know of.

Old 10-05-2001, 02:08 PM
I do know that I have seen only 2 other King Ranch editions around town, whereas probably about 15 Harley editions. If this has any bearing on production numbers, then they made fewer than the HD edition. I know even many of the dealer employees don't have a clue what a KR is. I had mine in for the seatbelt recall and none of the service advisors or service people had ever seen one before.

By the way, they all said they liked mine better than the HD edition.

Old 10-05-2001, 08:26 PM
Hey logical,

I know of at least one more. It's still at my local dealer and it too is Chestnut. The truck is exactly like the one I have except the last part of the serial number is KC11447.

So, that makes six but you have to trust me that it really exists.

DaveMan

Old 10-05-2001, 09:39 PM
sorry about posting in the kingranch forum, but i just wanted to say i love your truck. (ofcouse not more than my harley truck, but then again i don't love anything more that her) Anyway, i really like the interior in the KR with the brown leather with the rest of the interior the lighter cream? color. And to dufunnel, i'm almost 100% positive that they made less harleys per year than the KR, and also the HDs have been out for 2 years, so that's probably why you've seen more, but the 2001's might have the same # produced as the 2001 harleys, not sure. And the reasons the dealership employees said they liked your KR bettter than the HD is probably since they never saw a HD. Just playin with ya, not trying to bust on your trucks or anything, they are both the most beautiful trucks on the road in my opinion, ford did a good job on these. and good luck with them.

Old 10-05-2001, 09:41 PM
I bought my truck at the KR Mecca. There were 8 (eight) KR's on the lot!! Three blue ones, two chestnut, and three green. I had so many to choose from. I was like a kid in a candy store.

Old 10-06-2001, 12:10 AM
Mine was one of 2 at one of my states highest volume dealers. They also had a green one which my wife actually preferred, but it was sold I think. I decided on the chestnut and when i picked it up the green was gone......at least I didn't see it around. I have some contacts that can probably get the production numbers, I will dig around Monday.

The harley is a limited run where they decide up front to build only a certain number while I think the KR is a situation where they build all they feel they can sell. It's possible that there were actually fewer 2001 KR's because I think it actually came out late in the model year's run.

Old 10-28-2001, 12:28 AM
So, surely someone at Ford could tell us this. I'll have to wait for a good while to get the 2002 numbers, but I am interested in how the 2001 model compared to the other "special" models that Ford produced (i.e. Harley, Lightning, etc). Anyone here know anyone at Ford?

Old 10-28-2001, 07:33 AM
yeah i know a lot of people at ford and none of them seem to know where to get that information. but they are just engineers so maybe i need to find some friends in another department

Old 12-09-2001, 09:53 AM
Fellow KR owners,

You know, it's just not fair for the Harley's and the Lightning’s to get special treatment with plaques, special attention and production numbers to boot. It just seems as if the KR was not set up with the same thought on special edition like the others. We need to rally with Ford and get them to acknowledge the KRs as a bonafide special edition to get the same if not better treatment than the Harleys and Lightning’s. I know, keep dreaming right?

Agree or disagree?

IMO, it would be a very simple matter for Ford to reveal the production numbers on the KRs, and they know exactly what it takes to build one and so they should know dates when each was assembled by usage of certain materials used in assembly.

All they'd have to do is run a report of serial numbers which had some KR component, like seats, added during assembly and sort them in ascending order by time and date and voila, you got a list of production numbers 1 thru whatever with serial numbers linked to each truck production number. Sounds pretty simple to me but then again, I don't work for Ford either.

DaveMan

Old 12-09-2001, 10:55 AM
It's even simpler than that. The VIN gives all the information you just listed, including the production number. Enter in your VIN on the front page of this site (on the right side under new things). All they would have to do is convert their cryptic production number to an actual number for our edition.

Quick Reply: Production Numbers?