King Ranch

color coming off 2013 king ranch leather

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 04:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
color coming off 2013 king ranch leather

I bought my 2013 king ranch in november. I haven't had any problems with it until lately, I've started noticing spots where the it looks like the color of the leather has worn off and is showing black underneath. theres a spot on the top part of the steering wheel it is showing black areas in the leather where it looks like the brown has just rubbed off. I also have an about 4 inch long 1/8 wide strip on the driver seat where i get in and out that is black and seems to keep getting bigger. I condition my seats at least twice a month with lexol and haven't seen any issues with wrinkling or cracking just these two spots where it looks the color has rubbed off or come off the leather in some way. What do I do/ can I do about this? is this a warranty issue?

Old 03-20-2014, 08:22 AM
Hmmm...Can't say I've seen anything of that nature on mine. I do have some minor wrinkles or "stripes" on the driver's seat from me getting in and out. That's just the nature of having leather though. Maybe take some pictures so we can see what you see? Otherwise, if it really is showing black underneath, I would take it to the dealer and ask WTF? I've never used Lexol on my seats so I can't speak to its effectiveness. Maybe try cleaning it with a little bit of soap and warm water to see if it is just dirt.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:12 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bigblueknight
I bought my 2013 king ranch in november. I haven't had any problems with it until lately, I've started noticing spots where the it looks like the color of the leather has worn off and is showing black underneath. theres a spot on the top part of the steering wheel it is showing black areas in the leather where it looks like the brown has just rubbed off. ...
Let me lend a hand, bigblueknight.

Send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll take a look at some options.

Ashley

Old 03-20-2014, 12:07 PM

A lot of these new (last 7+ years) vehicles have this problem. All makes, all models. The leather is as thin as vinyl and is easy to have happen. The new King Ranch leather is "nicer" and less maintenance because it now has a coating versus bare, thick leather like it used to be. Could be wrong about the coating, but I figure it has one because it's now like any other leather (shiny vs formerly dull), just of slightly higher quality.

Quick Reply: color coming off 2013 king ranch leather