King Ranch

New KR Owner need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 01:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New KR Owner need some help!

Hey guys, purchased my 01 KR about a month ago now, she has 130xxx miles, wonderful truck couldn't be happier with it. But I do have a few questions, first of all I know that the rear window leaking is common, but I also have water leaking from both "oh s@#$" handles in the front, my sun roof, and water leaking in through the cab light inside the passenger side rear door (super cab). So of course I'm looking to see what tips/tricks you guys may have towards fixing those leaks because I do not want to ruin my seats. My truck does have the 5.4 and ofcourse Im not expecting to get 30mpg, but I was hoping there is some saver out there where I can do better than 10 city and 14 highway ( I don't put my foot in it) Another thing I wanted to check is that my rocker panels on both sides under the doors, are just about completely rusted out. Now it is the only rust Ive located on the entire truck, and the guy I bought it from said that issue was common in these years. Not exactly sure how that's possible? but sametime wondering if anyone else had that issue and what they did to resolve it. Thanks for the time and really hopin you guys can help me out!

Old 03-22-2014, 05:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the water leaking in all the time is probably the cause. Have n 01 f150 and dont have any thing like that happening. Maybe the front window has been replaced poorly. Check the weather seals, Also the back window may have also been replaced with bad caulking.Oh yea I have 337,000 mi on mine now Still dig this truck except now I have a few more horses to play around with. I put a Lightning motor in it and am pushing 450Hp/500+ trq

Last edited by Killer Ride; 03-22-2014 at 05:10 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:28 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
First and foremost... welcome to the site! Glad to have you.

Unfortunately, the handle leak is a common thing -- I've seen it mentioned on our site several times. Search around -- you'll find the solution (I don't immediately remember what it was but, I seem to remember it being something to do with a drain clog that was pretty easily fixed, I think).

Rear window on the 2001 was a booger... so much so that they redesigned it for 2002 -- I had a 2001 too that leaked.

As for the MPG - obviously, keeping her in good shape from a tuned up standpoint won't hurt. There are lots of options out there from the tuning standpoint that can help the MPG and also the throttle feel/pedal perk. I encourage you to look and search around within the tuners section for some feedback there...

Quick Reply: New KR Owner need some help!