King Ranch

New King Ranch leather in 2015?

Old 11-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New King Ranch leather in 2015?

Has anyone seen the previews for the 2015 F250 (350 and 450)? Ford has announced a new King Ranch color. Mesa Brown.

It looks like the standard seats but with this new color leather which I do love! I like it better than the current Chaparral.

Per Trucktrend.com
The cabin now features higher-quality and visually lighter Mesa leather on the seats, center console lid, arm rests, and steering wheel. The "Running W" logo -- the same logo that the real life King Ranch uses to brand its cattle -- is more prominent than before, with it stitched into the seats and center console lid to make it appear as if the Super Duty itself were branded.

Read more: http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/...#ixzz2kkWLuSBu

They also announced a new lower body color called Caribou.

I expect that the F150 would get both of these as well. Maybe 2016?

Old 11-15-2013, 04:28 PM

I read that article too, pretty neat! I like the new color a little more, but the 09+ are all better than the 08 and back that faded and got tasty unless you took really good care of it consistently.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
I read that article too, pretty neat! I like the new color a little more, but the 09+ are all better than the 08 and back that faded and got tasty unless you took really good care of it consistently.
That's objective. The older leather is technically higher-quality. I just got an 06 with almost 200k miles on it and the leather looks almost brand new, and if you ask me spreading some Bick on the seats once every six weeks or so doesn't seem like a very big deal, especially when a couple of $12 bottles can last you way more than a year.

I do love the look of the new KRs. I might treat the leather in mine with some Leather Honey or something to give it a darker look after seeing those pictures.

Last edited by anon; 01-03-2014 at 03:17 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New King Ranch leather in 2015?