King Ranch

How this forum was !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How this forum was !!

Hi Everyone,

One of the original 'old timers' here having posted way back when the forum was new and when the King Ranch was a novelty....
For instance having a mail man unexpectedly knock on the door late at night to hand over a welcome King Ranch Gift from Ford to thank one for the purchase.
And that happened twice and not with cheap gifts either...decent King Ranch organisers and planners etc that would cost over $100 from the saddle shop.

Any how at the time I was living most of each year in Texas and had to travel through the King Ranch every time I drove to Houston to return to the UK, and that's where the interest came from, allied with the fact I had owned cars with top quality leather (Aston, Bentley RR etc) and was able to offer advice on correct treatment.
Sad to say I am now living back in the UK (I really missTX), but more to the point no longer have my beloved KR. (Just too expensive to run and maintain in rural Wales)

Anyhow I do still check the forum and post if I feel it would help.
How different from the early days though...30 or 40 posts an evening with witty banter flying back and forth plus serious posts too.
It's rather sad to see the length of time between posts and that some go unanswered too.
If any other old timers are still watching...I do see a couple of familiar names...then shout out and let those new to the wonderful world of KR know that you are around.

Best wishes to everyone....

Old 10-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Lenny!!! I was honestly just thinking the exact same thing. I literally just picked up my new 2013 KR F-150 last Friday and was excited to get back on here to re-join the KR Club and found a ghost-town of a forum.

I just picked up a liter of Lexol Conditioner to keep my seats fresh

I'm glad to hear you're doing well. It's funny you mentioned the saddle leather organizer, because a few days after picking up my truck I asked Rockpick if when he got his new one last year if they sent him one like we got 10 years ago...sadly not anymore.

-Joe

Old 10-09-2013, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by KingRanchSC02
Lenny!!! I was honestly just thinking the exact same thing. I literally just picked up my new 2013 KR F-150 last Friday and was excited to get back on here to re-join the KR Club and found a ghost-town of a forum.

I just picked up a liter of Lexol Conditioner to keep my seats fresh

I'm glad to hear you're doing well. It's funny you mentioned the saddle leather organizer, because a few days after picking up my truck I asked Rockpick if when he got his new one last year if they sent him one like we got 10 years ago...sadly not anymore.

-Joe
Do post a picture of your new truck.
What color options are available now ?
Color was always so important to me....Still fondly remember my first
Chestnut/Arizona Beige F 150.
All the best from a very jealous Lenny !!

Old 10-09-2013, 08:31 AM
I'm glad to see you still check the forum. I purchased a used King Ranch earlier this year and your threads on leather care really helped me.
The previous owner neglected the leather so I gave it the 3 step treatment from Leather Master and had great results.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Lenticular
Do post a picture of your new truck.
What color options are available now ?
Color was always so important to me....Still fondly remember my first
Chestnut/Arizona Beige F 150.
All the best from a very jealous Lenny !!

This is the only pic I have so far...the inside is amazing, imho (I'll try and get pics of that this weekend). I had an invitation to drive the new Lincoln MKZ for 3 days and thought that was quiet and smooth, but this truck is smoother and quieter than that by far...and miles ahead of my 2008 f150 lariat that I traded in. And the ecoboost pick-up is Awesome! (even though I've been driving like an old man, lol)

For the color, I chose Kodiak Brown Metallic, which I must admit was the wife's idea, and I'm incredibly impressed and happy with it. The other colors are green gem, white, blue, white platinum, black...I think that's it. I special ordered the truck and built it to how I wanted, especially 6.5' bed. It was fun to track along the way with SETCHAN in the tracking forum. Much nicer to know you got exactly what you wanted and I actually got a great deal which was even better!

-Joe

Old 10-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by KingRanchSC02

This is the only pic I have so far...the inside is amazing, imho (I'll try and get pics of that this weekend). I had an invitation to drive the new Lincoln MKZ for 3 days and thought that was quiet and smooth, but this truck is smoother and quieter than that by far...and miles ahead of my 2008 f150 lariat that I traded in. And the ecoboost pick-up is Awesome! (even though I've been driving like an old man, lol)

For the color, I chose Kodiak Brown Metallic, which I must admit was the wife's idea, and I'm incredibly impressed and happy with it. The other colors are green gem, white, blue, white platinum, black...I think that's it. I special ordered the truck and built it to how I wanted, especially 6.5' bed. It was fun to track along the way with SETCHAN in the tracking forum. Much nicer to know you got exactly what you wanted and I actually got a great deal which was even better!

-Joe
You lucky *****!!
Very nice!

Old 10-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Just dropping in to say hi to Lenny

Old 10-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Hi Back !!!

Best wishes from Wales !

Old 10-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Hey to everyone... sporadically stop by the site nowadays and saw Lenny's post .... I must be one of the few holdouts left!! I still have my 2002 KR Supercrew (Charcoal Blue of course! ha-ha....same color as Sarah's truck (whatever she had named it!! )

Hope everyone is in good health & well.... Mike

Old 10-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by MikeF150
Hey to everyone... sporadically stop by the site nowadays and saw Lenny's post .... I must be one of the few holdouts left!! I still have my 2002 KR Supercrew (Charcoal Blue of course! ha-ha....same color as Sarah's truck (whatever she had named it!! )

Hope everyone is in good health & well.... Mike
Wonder if Sarah is still running a Lotus in Houston ?!

From my experience I would want more metal around me in Houston !

Old 10-10-2013, 01:48 PM
John - don't worry.. from what I remember years ago, I think both she & her fiance/husband each bought one so she has a spare.... Thomas - that was the name of her truck...! (at my age now, I now celebrate remembering anything over a week old... )

Old 10-10-2013, 02:53 PM
John - don't worry.. from what I remember years ago, I think both she & her fiance/husband each bought one so she has a spare.... Thomas - that was the name of her truck...! (at my age now, I now celebrate remembering anything over a week old... )
Me Too! I'm just grateful to be alive. 2 weeks ago I was feeling fine in the day but overnight suffered awful pain. 2 days later an alert doctor realised I was dangerously ill and called an ambulance. Long story short I had an infected gall bladder and nearly died. A week in hospital on a drip seems to have cured the infection so now waiting to have my gall bladder removed. Having never been in hospital in my life and at the age of 68 (Today!) has suddenly changed my perspective on life!!

Last edited by Lenticular; 10-10-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:05 AM
John - after losing my wife at the end of May to cancer, you learn your health is #1..... something I need to address myself more closely as I'm all my 14 yr old son has at this point (and vise-versa).... you also learn not to sweat the small stuff.... it's amazing how much drama there is over little things....

Take care of yourself and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Old 10-11-2013, 12:19 PM
John - after losing my wife at the end of May to cancer, you learn your health is #1..... something I need to address myself more closely as I'm all my 14 yr old son has at this point (and vise-versa).... you also learn not to sweat the small stuff.... it's amazing how much drama there is over little things....

Take care of yourself and best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Totally agreed.
When I think about some of the trivia I've got screwed up about over the years
it makes me cringe.
You take care..
Best wishes
John

Old 10-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Lenticular
Me Too! I'm just grateful to be alive. 2 weeks ago I was feeling fine in the day but overnight suffered awful pain. 2 days later an alert doctor realised I was dangerously ill and called an ambulance. Long story short I had an infected gall bladder and nearly died. A week in hospital on a drip seems to have cured the infection so now waiting to have my gall bladder removed. Having never been in hospital in my life and at the age of 68 (Today!) has suddenly changed my perspective on life!!
Happy Birthday! What an amazingly grateful series of events.

Definitely glad you're okay and on the road to recovery! Good luck Lenny!

Quick Reply: How this forum was !!