King Ranch

steering vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
steering vibrations

has anyone had a problem with vibration in the steering wheel? I have a 2006 King Ranch which was my wifes dream truck up until 45000 miles. Now the truck vibrates so bad its terrible. Sad part is we have had this truck to two ford garages but nobody can fix this problem. Garage number 3 was today and they said a frame dampening kit hmmm the word kit to me means one thing a band-aid fix for a serious flaw in design. Has anyone had a frame dampening kit installed and did it solve your problem???

Old 04-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by btc624
has anyone had a problem with vibration in the steering wheel? I have a 2006 King Ranch which was my wifes dream truck up until 45000 miles. Now the truck vibrates so bad its terrible. Sad part is we have had this truck to two ford garages but nobody can fix this problem. Garage number 3 was today and they said a frame dampening kit hmmm the word kit to me means one thing a band-aid fix for a serious flaw in design. Has anyone had a frame dampening kit installed and did it solve your problem???
Sorry no one's gotten back to you on this.

I had a problem with my 2005, like you describe. But, it was right after I bought it in 2007 and had new tires installed. It took two revisits to Discount tires to get the danged things balanced properly. However, it's fine now.

Looking at other posts on this subject, I think Ford's suspension may be a bit "touchy" in these model years.

The nice thing about using a tire chain with lifetime balancing is, they can't turn you away.

- Jack

Old 05-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Definitely look into getting the tires balanced. If it just started recently, chances are you threw a weight or something.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:22 PM
I had the same problem with my 2005 and they re-balanced the tires a few times with no luck. The local dealer really took care of me and sent the truck to have the tries "load balanced". It may be a bunch of bs, but apparently they balance the wheels with a load being applied to the tires with some type of roller with a special balancing machine.

Mine was so bad before it was properly balanced that I thought they forgot to tighten the lug nuts. After the load balancing, no issues at all.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Quick Reply: steering vibrations