King Ranch

2010 KR Mirror Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 KR Mirror Assembly

Hello All,

I'm going to be kicking my own a$$ for the rest of the day and then some ... backing out of the garage a few minutes ago, completely not paying attention, caught the passenger mirror on the garage door frame and totally wrecked it - the entire mirror assembly will have to be replaced. This being a Saturday none of my local guys are open ... does anyone know or know where I can locate a part number so I can check prices and such online?

Also, I'm assuming that the door panel will need to be removed, though I don't know that for sure ... anyone have experience with this type of replacement?

I swear, barely a month old and I just can't believe that I did this!

Thanks,

DevotedDad

Old 07-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
go to www.tascaparts.com and search for 2009. It should be the same.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes, definitely call Tasca and they will get you fixed up. they will be cheaper than most local dealers and you still get the oem ford part. you will need to remove the door panel and there will be three bolts to unscrew and then you disconnect the wiring harness. its an easy job and you can definitely do it yourself. good luck and let us know if you need any other help.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Just a question - do the mirrors on your truck "power fold"? I use that feature ALWAYS when I put my truck in the garage. If mine didn't fold, I'd have pulled mine off long ago. (I also fold them when parking in public lots, since people seem to like to bump into mirrors.)

- Jack

Old 07-26-2010, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i know how you feel, did it a month after i got my 07, then hit the same ( replacement) mirror on a pole, and then decided to just go ahead and get the towing mirrors, which stick out further haha

Quick Reply: 2010 KR Mirror Assembly