King Ranch

Help, holes in my seat and don't know why :-(

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 01:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help, holes in my seat and don't know why :-(

Had my KR for 2 years and all of a sudden, there are two small cracks turning into holes. Have no idea what is causing it. It's in the passenger seat...no kids there. HELP! OMG!!! I'm going to cry! Does anyone know if there is any type of leather repair kit so the holes don't get bigger until I can get the seat replaced or where to get them fixed in Dallas/Collin Cnty TX area?

Old 09-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
sounds to me like the seats may be so dry they are cracking. Can you add a picture so we can see it. I dont much think it can be "fixed" and if you get it replaced that is going to put a dent in your bank account

Old 09-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
There have GOT to be "wrecked" KRs somewhere in the country and those seats could be "recycled". I haven't a clue where to start searching, but that's what I'd do. Go to be cheaper than getting a new replacement. Make sure the replacements are in good condition though.

And, I agree - sounds like the leather has not been conditioned. Leather CPR or the King Ranch conditioner is something you need to start using right away.

Are the holes in one panel of the cover or in more than one? It's possible also that a custom leather repair place could fix it, especially if you can get the seat cover off.

- Jack

Old 10-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Posted a few days ago in Fort Worth. Jump on it!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pts/1399084081.html

Old 10-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by KingRanchMommy
Had my KR for 2 years and all of a sudden, there are two small cracks turning into holes. Have no idea what is causing it. It's in the passenger seat...no kids there. HELP! OMG!!! I'm going to cry! Does anyone know if there is any type of leather repair kit so the holes don't get bigger until I can get the seat replaced or where to get them fixed in Dallas/Collin Cnty TX area?

They are in Fort Worth. http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pts/1399084081.html

Quick Reply: Help, holes in my seat and don't know why :-(