King Ranch

2006 Running Board damaged

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Running Board damaged

My drivers side running board was cracked by a piece of road debris (This is the 2006 KR Arizona Biege molded) I did not see any for sale in the classified section. If anyone has purchased one before I appreciate any information on cost and best place to buy. Thank you

Old 10-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Too bad your too far away because I have a set (But I think they Pueblo Gold) sitting in the garage. Probably not worth trying to ship though...

Old 10-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
I imagine Pueblo Gold would be a close match - at least it does in the pictures that have been posted.

This might be a good excuse to switch from running boards to nerf bars though. The KRs (like Smokewagun's) that have them look good in my opinion. And, I don't think they cost TOO much.

- Jack

Old 10-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mystic1221
Too bad your too far away because I have a set (But I think they Pueblo Gold) sitting in the garage. Probably not worth trying to ship though...
I wonder if the color of the boards really changed...

Anyone have the new/old part numbers for comparison?

I'm not quite willing to bet on it but, I wonder if it's the same thing. The color name change may have occured due to vendor changes? They sure seem to be VERY similar... Pueblo may be a tad lighter though.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Global Moderator &

Just to keep this thread alive, the King Ranch running boards are practical as hell. They keep the rocks away from my rocker panels and they are great for the "Texas Two-Step" entry.

But, they're also boring as hell and mine are all scuffed up so they aren't beautiful - but they still aren't ugly.

I suppose I'd welcome a cracked one so I'd have an excuse to get stainless bars.

- Jack

Old 10-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
I suppose I'd welcome a cracked one so I'd have an excuse to get stainless bars.
Call me an old-schooler, but I prefer the boards to the bars.

To each his own, though.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by SleepyMax
Call me an old-schooler, but I prefer the boards to the bars.

To each his own, though.

I hear you Sleepy - Every time I think of changing them, I ask, why? Don't I like the KR look? And I answer, "Of course I do". But then, I look at the scuff marks and....

I guess I just should get a new one and NEVER drive it!

- Jack

Trending Topics

Old 10-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
I hear you Sleepy - Every time I think of changing them, I ask, why? Don't I like the KR look? And I answer, "Of course I do". But then, I look at the scuff marks and....

I guess I just should get a new one and NEVER drive it!

- Jack
I agree I do like the unique stock KR look of the boards which is why I am bummed on the damage. I have actually had a run of bad luck the last few months with trying to keep my KR looking "new". After a full weekend of following the good detailing tips I picked up on here from Rockpick (clay, etc.), an overloaded rendering truck vented some of its contents all over the truck cracking my windshield in the process What a mess....that stuff is like glue, smells awful and was very difficult to remove! Then this week, a flattened 55 gallon drum fell off a flatbed and smashed my running board and bumper. (Never serious of course when no one is hurt but quite annoying)

Old 10-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by mystic1221
Thank you Mystic. I am going to look into whether or not they are in fact a match.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:16 AM
Technical Article Contributor

How bad is it cracked? My passenger board was cracked and I was able to super glue it and then just take a razor blade and get all the extra off it. Worked for me, saved me a good bit of money. Unless you are looking for something messed up in my passenger running board you cant tell.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Global Moderator &

Barrett, that's a good idea and I'm going to add an additional possible "fix": If you take the running board off, you can superglue the crack, but then, since it's easy to get to the underside, could you possibly apply a fiberglass repair patch to the damaged area there to give it more strength? I'm thinking along the lines of the Bondo body repair product.

I just went out and looked at mine and the underside is sort of a honeycomb lattice of reinforcing webs, so it may be a bit tricky to do, but it might be worth a shot.

You can also "flow" the superglue in from the underside using "capillary" action to draw it into the crack and it might not even come out the top so you wouldn't have to trim off any excess glue.

- Jack

Old 10-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Barrett
How bad is it cracked? My passenger board was cracked and I was able to super glue it and then just take a razor blade and get all the extra off it. Worked for me, saved me a good bit of money. Unless you are looking for something messed up in my passenger running board you cant tell.
Thank you very much Barrett, that's a good idea. Unfortuneately there is a piece missing though and I wasn't able to find it along the road

Old 10-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Global Moderator &

Yuk!

I bet the Pueblo Gold ones will look just fine. Shipping via UPS can't be too much.

I don't suppose the owner of the flatbed's insurance is worth anything? Seems they ought to pay for the damage.

- Jack

Last edited by JackandJanet; 10-18-2008 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Added thought about insurance
Old 10-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Thats a bummer SV-EER, good luck getting a new board soon then.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by SV-EER
My drivers side running board was cracked by a piece of road debris (This is the 2006 KR Arizona Biege molded) I did not see any for sale in the classified section. If anyone has purchased one before I appreciate any information on cost and best place to buy. Thank you
I have it. Contact me

Quick Reply: 2006 Running Board damaged