King Ranch

Someone broke into my King Ranch

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Someone broke into my King Ranch

Does anyone know how this could have happened? Here's the 411...

My 2006 KR was parked in a parking lot under a light while I was in restaurant last night. When I came back and got into my truck, I noticed that someone had broken in and taken my Eclipse AVN 6600 Navigation system, Sirius satellite tuner, Eclipse back-up camera, and my Smith & Wesson SW40E pistol. I am 100% positive that I locked my truck with the remote because I did a physical check of the doors before I left. Here is the kicker....There was no evidence of any physical damage to my truck (broken windows, scratches around the door or windows, all door handles in tact, etc.) For the life of me, I do not know how they entered my truck without the factory alarm going off when the door was opened. I did in fact notice a green wire on the driver side floor that was cut. It leads somewhere under the driver's side carpet. Could this be the factory alarm wire that they cut? If so, shouldn't the alarm (blowing of the horn) had gone off for a few seconds before they yanked it?

If anyone has experienced this problem or know as to how they might have entered, please let me know. I did file a police report and my insurance company will be replacing all that was stolen including my pistol.

Thanks for any consideration to this thread that is given,

KR Ford Tough...

Old 09-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by KRFordtough
Does anyone know how this could have happened? Here's the 411...

My 2006 KR was parked in a parking lot under a light while I was in restaurant last night. When I came back and got into my truck, I noticed that someone had broken in and taken my Eclipse AVN 6600 Navigation system, Sirius satellite tuner, Eclipse back-up camera, and my Smith & Wesson SW40E pistol. I am 100% positive that I locked my truck with the remote because I did a physical check of the doors before I left. Here is the kicker....There was no evidence of any physical damage to my truck (broken windows, scratches around the door or windows, all door handles in tact, etc.) For the life of me, I do not know how they entered my truck without the factory alarm going off when the door was opened. I did in fact notice a green wire on the driver side floor that was cut. It leads somewhere under the driver's side carpet. Could this be the factory alarm wire that they cut? If so, shouldn't the alarm (blowing of the horn) had gone off for a few seconds before they yanked it?

If anyone has experienced this problem or know as to how they might have entered, please let me know. I did file a police report and my insurance company will be replacing all that was stolen including my pistol.

Thanks for any consideration to this thread that is given,

KR Ford Tough...
Dude, I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me in March.

they got in your truck by jamming the driver key hole. Check it out...it won't look broken but it is and your door frame may be bent from it.

Your key wont fit in it anymore. Its broken.

I got 5 bucks on it.

Old 09-09-2007, 12:07 PM
RollingRock:

Thanks for your response. I am afraid to say that there is no damage to the key hole (my key works perfectly) nor is my door frame bent. After looking at it again today, I notice some small knicks at the top in the small gap between the driver's side door and rear door. Not too noticable but it could be a way that they entered.

Thanks again,

Vince

Old 09-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by KRFordtough
RollingRock:

Thanks for your response. I am afraid to say that there is no damage to the key hole (my key works perfectly) nor is my door frame bent. After looking at it again today, I notice some small knicks at the top in the small gap between the driver's side door and rear door. Not too noticable but it could be a way that they entered.

Thanks again,

Vince
this is a 150 right? If so my theory is blown...darn the luck

They prob pryed the glass and used a jimmy bar.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Check the seals around the rear sliding window. That's how they got into my `02 KR Supercab.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:00 PM
yes entry can be made by pushing a screw driver in the gap between the the handle trim and sheet metal...if you look a the scratch it will be the width of a flat head screwdriver...i have seen the f150 done and lots of 250's...here is how a ranger is broken into

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zDhois8Io8

the rear sliders are possible but the newer 04's and up are smaller than last gen of f150s...would have to be pretty small to get in

parking out at distance away from others will also allow the theif to park next to u using his vehicle for cover, have look out next to him, and quick get away.

but it happens almost impossible to prevent if your stuff is wanted.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by troberts6874
yes entry can be made by pushing a screw driver in the gap between the the handle trim and sheet metal...if you look a the scratch it will be the width of a flat head screwdriver...i have seen the f150 done and lots of 250's...here is how a ranger is broken into
Someone tried to do that to my F150 and didnt succeed. That is traditionally a "chevy" trick, that is more commonly seen on chevy trucks.

Yes the green wire near your kick panel was likely the alarm, since the factory alarm is just a simple ground control for both the front doors.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:45 PM
I just had my truck broken into a few weeks ago. Did not notice any immediate damage. The next day, I noticed that my key pads were pushed back up into the door handle. I popped them back in esay enough. I think the theif must have somehow gotten in thru the key pad using something electronic. My insurance company took a look at it and found no physical or electronic damage inside the door.

FYI, I do not have an alarm, just a .45 (which I carry here in Texas! I love this place!)

Old 10-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Yep. Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. Broken in and stole my Alpine W200!! I paid $1200 for that thing when it first came out!! No physical damage to the truck from what I can see. The bad part about it is, my alarm/pager went off (as usual), but I just turned it off, reset it, and went back to sleep.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Suspended
sounds like it's time to roundup the lynch mob.. sorry to hear of your loss. hope they catch the sumb**chs..

Old 10-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Sorry to hear about that guy's

WOW......... didn't know it was that easy.

I guess Ford could install hand cranks on the outside of the door's so the theive's won't have to scratch your paint. And what about that green wire, gee could they make it more simple to break into a vehicle with an alarm.

I know if somebody want's to break in they will but give me a break....sorry wrong word?????

Old 10-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Oh yes. a couple of years ago I had an 06 lariat dulley. I went to the movies down in tampa with a friend and parked in a well lit area. Well, I know for a fact I locked the doors and when I came back to it there was a problem. When I opened the door the first thing I noticed was everything was out of place....ransacked so to speak. (glovebox open, things pulled out from under seats). Then I couldn't believe my eyes when my purse was gone. I had it hidden in the back on the floor. You could tell they were in a BIG hurry but I couldn't tell how they did it...When I called the cops they showed me how.
They got into the key hole and jimmied it. There were a few scratches and thats it. They used my credit card at 7-11 and got 100.00. Needless to say I never left a purse in the truck again because it was so easy to do. Ford needs to do something about that for sure......

Quick Reply: Someone broke into my King Ranch