King Ranch

Message for Mike and Brad.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Lenticular
Aw, shucks.
All I was trying to do was keep in your good books, Mike.
Fair enough. Kind of at my expense the way it was publicly stated/questioned but, again... fair enough.

Either Brad was keeping a discrete silence, since as the modulator it would have been a difficult balancing act to please everyone with that original decision.....or that new offspring is diverting his attention.

Come in number 9 !!!
Number 2 is probably more appropriate with the theme... #1 is more of a liquid - god should only know about what a #9 would be. So, to summarize 'modulators = #2'. I feel as though I should quote Rodney here...

The silence was present due to the fact that I had not checked on or looked at the KR forum. Unintentional, even. Also, as Mike duly noted, the decision wasn't mine on the 'original' thread in question so, as such, I can't really speak to it.

Originally Posted by MikeF150
Why you're starting a childish "woe is me" routine is beyond me....I've got MUCH better things to do than this....
Then go and do it, Mike. You're the one that individually called me out in that 'old' thread that is in question and never once backed down and mentioned that you were out of line nor that you had mistakenly 'gone after' the wrong guy. Zero apologies. You screwed up there, not me. I haven't forgotten how it was intentionally handled by you. This particular type of agenda has been obvious for several years now although, it's now quite masked by smiley faces as a result of, dare I say, a 'childish' reaction.

The 'woe is me' and 'childish' comment are also interestingly similar to what could've been directly said to your 'lashing out' thread that was posted after your 'look what I'm selling on ebay' thread was snubbed. Interesting to see the table spin?

Like you, I've put in my share of time here on the forums and, as such, am due a tad of respect. My 'red X' comment might have been more of a broad and wide cast of a net on how I personally felt about the content of the original post but, I think it's pretty fair to have that feeling. Like you, I don't care how you feel about my feelings. It's not, and shouldn't be, an agenda item for most. I am, however, entitled to have those feelings and that's why my comment came off like it did.

If what John was asking was that he was curious as to why the other thread had remained; one would think that he would've asked that, individually, rather than digging into the past into an issue where I was nominally - if at all - involved. The question would be much more appropriate for 'Steve' who was the ultimate decision maker in that whole unraveling of events.

Even more consistent with the way things are typically asked and handled, one might think of sending an email. I would've responded to an email with a very simple tune -- Ed wasn't promoting his item like Mike had done in his thread. I haven't looked at that thread in several days now but assume that some of those bottles of conditioner have surfaced in consumer's hands and, as such, we're starting to see some results posts -- which, are beneficial for everyone associated with our forum and ultimately with Castano.

I, for one, have always been relatively 'loose' with moderating within this forum. Is that fair? No, it's really not as I should have a consistent stance on all of them but, because of my history within the walls of this forum, I tend to often turn the other cheek. Yes, it's wrong to have two sets of standards but, it's generally how I've always been here because we do, indeed, have a unique set of items that don't apply to the masses.

While the core group here changes - and has changed - due to various reasons; a few things have remained constant. One of those things is that the majority of the folks are here because of their like and passion of the KR trim package. That's why I originally showed up here along with several others that most of the others here wouldn't remember like you, John, and I remember. I, for one, miss those days as we had some fun in here but, with topics like this one and with direct and indirect attacks on various persons to either intentionally or unintentionally 'stir the pot', maybe we all need to resign to letting go of those days and default that this type of thread maybe a part of that changing paradigm.

Quick Reply: Message for Mike and Brad.....