King Ranch

Fishing for replies...The best titles for your posts

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 05:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Fishing for replies...The best titles for your posts

I have to admit a certain amount of enthusiasm when I log on to F150online because I just know there are a lot of knowlegable people in this forum who just love to give advise and tips. But it is with sadness that I open up my posted threads to see that only I am reponding.

Every time I submit a new thread I try to come up with the catchiest titles to attract attention. I suppose I am failing.

But I ask that you not hold my lack of writing skill against me and be as forth coming as you can be with your responses. I need the attention.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by greenusmarine53
I have to admit a certain amount of enthusiasm when I log on to F150online because I just know there are a lot of knowlegable people in this forum who just love to give advise and tips. But it is with sadness that I open up my posted threads to see that only I am reponding.

Every time I submit a new thread I try to come up with the catchiest titles to attract attention. I suppose I am failing.

But I ask that you not hold my lack of writing skill against me and be as forth coming as you can be with your responses. I need the attention.

You're not failing at all......
The forum goes through patchy periods where not much happens and at other times seemingly unimportant thread titles generate a lot of interest....mind you often ending up having little to do with the original post !!

There is an etiquette to participation in forums like these and at times I get depressed that there seem to be more and more people who don't understand that.

Long time members know that I have got a personal beef about spelling and grammar.
This is not through lack of understanding though of other peoples' educational standards.
Not everyone can write in a fluid coherent way, and it soon is apparent when someone is truely struggling and one can only admire them for making the effort.
However as someone who for many years of my life was involved in education I can soon spot those who are just plain lazy....ie Don't even bother to read through their posts before submitting.
That is discourteous to other readers.

Another gripe is that sometimes as a thread is developing someone will post something within that thread that totally ignores the most recent comment and does not allow a smooth progression of ideas and discussion.

However the single most irritating thing is that when someone pops up...often a newer member...and asks a question that is answered sometimes by several people...and then doesn't even reply with a word of thanks.

These are all personal irritations though and one soon learns to live with them and shrug ones shoulders...or leave the forum altogether as I had to do from the general discussion area. (Simply because of the total ignorance and arrogance of some members )

(And if any of you do see this I WILL quote examples)

So there you have it.....keep submitting your threads and experiment with suitable catchy words in the title. (SEX always works)

(Only joking)

(Though Bastard seemed to work in the general discussion area...much to my disdain)

We do seem to have had a quiet patch lately and many of the old timers who would spice up a thread with a bit of humour seem to have gone quiet of late.

Good luck !!

Old 06-17-2007, 01:29 AM
I do try to be thorough before I submit a new thread and read and research as much as I can in one sitting. I do agree that at times it is frustrating to open a thread that has promise in answering a question only to have it spall in some other direction.

I can only put up with this for so long before I just give up and submit the question anyway. More often than not, after reading dozens of posts, I am left with more questions than answers and sometimes am just plain confused over an issue.

I like opinions (it's because of an opinion that I chose Troyer Performance over many other parts dealers) but I really like strait facts when available.

All in all I do appreciate any response and I thank you for yours.

Quick Reply: Fishing for replies...The best titles for your posts