King Ranch

Hit and Run didn't work out

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hit and Run didn't work out

So I went to the UM vs FSU basketball game today at 2pm. I park my truck in a parking garage thinking that my six dollar investment would keep my stereo in tact, and it did. However, I came out to find a nice foot long plus gash in my driver's side rear door. So I look at the truck next to me and it was unscratched. No note on the winsheild or anything. So I call the cops and then proceed to look at almost every truck's bumpers that could have possibly done the damage. As the cop is pulling up some lady shouts out, I saw the whole thing. She tells me its this 98 Dakota parked two spots down on the opposite side of the collision. The cop makes her identify the truck, gets the kids number and tells him that if he isn't at his car in five minutes she was going to issue a warrant for his arrest. she asked me if I wanted to press charges, and I said I wanted to talk to the guy first. He tried to shake my hand when he walked up as if I was happy to meet him. Handshake denied and I give him a piece of my mind. The cop lets me rant for a second and then tells me to cool out. I asked him, "Did you hit my truck?" He said he did and he was going to leave a note after the game. I said he was full of **** and that isn't the way it works. The fact of the matter is if that lady hadn't walked up at that exact moment and things didn't turn out the way they did, I would be out a $500 deductible and increased insurance rates. I told him to give him the written arrest since he continued to **** me off. I'm not one for having people arrested when there isn't a need, but hopefully he tells his buddies. Next time when it happens to you maybe the jerk will leave a note. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That really stinks, bud. I hope you get it all taken care of in short order and with minimal inconvenience.

Items, such as this, really irk me. Some people simply don't have a clue. I'd consider buying the nice lady a gift card or something. She definitely bailed you on this one -- honesty is worth a reward in my opinion.

-RP-

Old 01-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Very sorry to hear about this. I too had a fender bender just this Friday when one of the trucks at my business backed into the drivers side rear quarter on the bed. (I think I felt worse for the driver who had to break the news to me) Just 8,000 miles on the KR and already a pull and fill body repair!

Interestingly, when I went for an estimate at the body shop, they mentioned that they had worked on two KR's in the past six months replacing the seats and other damage due to theft. They said the seats were extremely difficult to procure, were not easy to get from Ford and have a replacement cost of $10,000. I was quite taken back as I live in relatively low crime area. Not good for insurance premiums if you are a victim.

In both cases the thieves entered through the power back slider window (BTW they mentioned this item is a $700 repair).

Old 01-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Angry

wow man...that pissed me off just reading it! I hate people sometimes! That is the main reason I park my truck out in the middle of nowhere with no other cars around or park next to another expensive car who's owners look like they give a damn! I always do a "walk around" before I hop in.

Quick Reply: Hit and Run didn't work out