King Ranch

Need help choosing...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help choosing...

I posted this on the powerstroke boards but I didn't want a biased answer so here is my problem:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I currently own a 95 f-150 2wd and am about to sell it. I can:

A. Take over payments of my dads 02 stroker. Would cost me 7-9K
B. Sell my truck (dad says I can get possibly 6-6500 for my truck) and buy a 2002 or 2003(not sure what year) King Ranch. Very Very Very nice truck and always kept nice.

I was so excited when choice A came along but not that choice B is there I am up in the air. Money wise they will be around the same (KR will be a tad bit more). I am working so I do have a little money coming in but only around 3-350 a month(16 year old). But I am trying to talk my mom into letting me work 2 jobs. Where I surrently work for 5.70/hr and a place where I can make 6/hr and time and a half on sundays so 9/hr on sundays. I will be working a lot but hey look at all the money I could be racking in. Then I would have enough to make payments on the truck. So which option should I choose?BTW I think this is a very good problem for a 16 year old to have.I am almost 17 and a Junior in High School so after this year I will be basically done. I won't have to take a math class or science. Next year I am considering taking 3 hr auto but the thing with that is I don't know much about vehicles so I don't want to look like an idiot while I'm in there but I think I will do it anyhow.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:46 PM
If money is a concern you may want to go with the king ranch due to lower maintenance costs vs a diesel, but then again I kinda biased towards the KR

Old 09-12-2006, 07:28 AM
Thats why I posted it on both boards. So that if I post it on one board it wouldn't be everyone for KR since I post it on a KR. My dad is putting new ball joints,and u-joints in I think either this weekend or next. His has nw tires too(BF Goodwrich All-Terrian). So maintence wise the truck will be set for while. It has a K&N air fliter,and a performance chip inside his computer. I just am split what I should do.

Old 09-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Do you plan on towing anything? The KR wasn't available in anything but an F150 until just a couple years ago ('04 or '05).

Old 09-13-2006, 06:03 PM
No and this KR is a 150. My dads truck is a 250.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:55 PM
I would definately go the KR route then. They are very nice, and the 5.4L V8 has plenty of get-up-and-go especially in the F150. I vote KR on this one.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:03 PM
Well I think I am just going to go the f-250 route. Yea I want that KR but I don't know that I will be able to get what I want out of my truck now. I am going to put now plugs and wires in this saturday but I don't know if that will cure the problem. My truck is running like crap right now. In the mornings it has just went haywire. It actually scared me enough today to pull off on the side on the highway in the construction zone! There is a stop sign before you emerge onto the highway and everytime I kind of accelerate fast it jerks forward once and then it will decellerate no matter if the pedel is to the metal or not. I thought it was a gonner this morning. Because I really didn't gun it and it jerked once at about 32-40mph then wouldn't accelerate after that. I just don't know. I don't know if this has much to do with it but it has no kick down gear anymore. I can be running 50 and go to pass someone or even go to accelerate and nothing it takes it forever to get up to like 60 after that. And this truck use to be really fast like a month ago.A buddy of mine thinks the feul pump is going out on it but my dad doesn't think so. He just thought it needed ran on the highway(even though I drive about 5 miles everyday on the highway to get to school. Whats it sound like to you. Oh yea it also takes it forever to slow down. I can be running 35 and let off the gas and i swear I drove about 1/2-1 mile before it got to 30. With these problems I will never be able to sell a nice lookin truck for what I want out of it.