King Ranch

Interested in King Ranch Leather Care? You Have Come to the Right Place! CLICK HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We seem to be on a roll Brad.....
It all seemd to go really quiet for a while.

I'm back to the UK next week, but I'm still watching ya'll !!!!

Old 12-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Troll?

Not sure what "troll" refers to in your post, but there are no little people hiding under bridges or hidden agendas here. Take the information or leave it. It's there for whoever finds it useful and it's really that simple.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Cindy Koshinski
Not sure what "troll" refers to in your post, but there are no little people hiding under bridges or hidden agendas here. Take the information or leave it. It's there for whoever finds it useful and it's really that simple.
Yeah my bad, it was good info. Soemtimes there are newcomers here that discuss "new" products and post links which is border line on the forum rules. My assessment of your post was off.

Again, good info, there are many KR owners here and caring for the leather is a challenge to keep them looking good.

I have spent the last year trying to restore my front seats (bought a program truck that was never really cared for) I got them back to pretty good shape however the leather is noticeably not as soft as the rears. So I have to deal with that now. They may never be the same.

Part of the deal I guess.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Lenticular
We seem to be on a roll Brad.....
It all seemd to go really quiet for a while.

I'm back to the UK next week, but I'm still watching ya'll !!!!
Indeed!

Great idea for a thread, John. Be careful on your voyage back across the pond! Hope all is well!

Old 12-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by Cindy Koshinski
Here in suburbia, I've seen a few people hiding under bridges. I'm not certain but, I think a few of them *MAY* have agendas.

In the case of your posts, Cindy, I don't think that there were any agendas! Just someone who took some time to share some information with the rest of us.

That said, if I may, I'd like to comment and continue the discussion of leather care a bit...

Lexol Conditioner, in my opinion, has been great for my seats. Some have used the pH balanced cleaner with AWFUL results (me included) as it is designed more for a heavier, more durable leather product (like saddles) and can strip the coloring from the leather.

All in all, I've been very satisfied with Lexol on my first and second King Ranch F-150s. In fact, my seats look just about as good as they did on the day I bought it -- I'm at 40K on the ticker now.

That said, I'm sure there's better stuff out there. Lexol certainly isn't the 'end all' product and I look forward to maybe giving a few other products that are discussed here a whirl in due time.

Again, thanks for sharing your information! You obviously know your cow skin!

Oh yeah, where are my manners? -- welcome to f150online.com as well!!!!

Old 12-03-2007, 12:57 AM
Stiff Seats

In Reply to RollingRock--

It's POSSIBLE--can't say for sure; but you know how dealers get carried away with Armorall when they want to spruce up a vehicle to sell,--so it's a possibility that some idiot in cleanup went over the seats with Armorall. If that is the case, it could make your seats a little stiff because of the absorption of silicone. If they didn't clean the seats before they Armoralled them, that would compound the problem. You might get some of the cleaners and conditioners I suggested (or others that people have recommended to be formulated for analine leather), and clean them good to try to remove any cleaners, silicones, or waxes that might have been used on the seats. Then condition them with a conditioner formulated for analine leather. Over time, sweat, perspiration, and skin and body oils will cause some changes in feel, too. Usually stiffening. Best remedy is to keep them as clean as possible so that stuff doesn't get a chance to build up.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Great post!!! but is it analine or aniline leather

Old 04-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Cpr

Just tried the Leather CPR stuff and it worked wonders...my truck came to me later in life and the seats were never cared for....at least they didn't appear to have been. One treatment with the CPR and they look like the new ones on my buddies 2008....in my new and humble opinion, this stuff is great and cheap....used one jar for all surfaces in my supercrew....and it was $8.00 bucks at my local Wally world...

Old 04-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Here in Michigan, "trolls" are the people that live in the lower peninsula. Since we have the Mackinac Bridge that connects the Upper Peninsula and the Lower Peninsula, the people that live "under the bridge" are trolls. So I'm a troll in this sense.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by dufunnel
Here in Michigan, "trolls" are the people that live in the lower peninsula. Since we have the Mackinac Bridge that connects the Upper Peninsula and the Lower Peninsula, the people that live "under the bridge" are trolls. So I'm a troll in this sense.
Andy! What's going on, man?

Old 05-30-2008, 02:06 PM
I bought my truck back in August, and the seats def have seen better days I doubt they were ever treated. Anyway I have been hesitant to put anything on them for fear of making it worse. But I think I may just have to make a pit stop at wally world on my way home tonight thanks guys!

Old 02-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by zephro
I have spent endless hours researching KR seat care. I don't mind the extra work, like some, because when they're clean and conditioned, they're buttery soft.

I have an 06 KR. Since my very first treatment, I've used Lexol conditioner everytime but once. I don't use the Lexol cleaner or the PH, I've heard bad things and smell. As far as the conditioner, I couldn't be happier. I live in Dallas, so it gets pretty hot. I condition my seats about 9 -10 per year, almost monthly. I religiously use a sun shield when parked outdoors during sunny days.

I try to apply on a hot day when the pores are open. I usually apply by hand but I've tried a towel and sponge, no difference in my opinion. I find that if I really push down hard on the seat in troubled areas, the conditioner soaks in faster, deeper and overall better. I do lightly towel off any excess from the seats once I'm done. If you over apply, and this goes for any conditioner, you have residue the next day.

Most of the posts are from people who let their seats go unshielded and treated. If you'll just a little time to protect your investment, you probably won't find yourself here bitching about such nice seats in a work truck.

Now, the only other cleaner I used, and used only once, was Bick 4. It left a white residue the next day. I had a hard getting it off and time ended up being the best solution. it didn't soak in like Lexol. After reading the bottle, it's best for finished leather... that's my fault.

I'll apply my treatment to your seats, if you're too lazy to protect your investment, if the price is right.

Interesting first time post......almost arrogant one might say.

The people who post here are not 'bitching'.
Many have acquired trucks that have not been looked after and are finding ways to bring the leather back to it's former glory.

Some of us even with the best will in the world have problems with the leather and simply enjoy the discussion about differing treatments.

I expect I've owned more vehicles with leather interiors than you've had hot dinners and yet I allowed the wearing of shorts in the heat of south Texas to gradually stain the front edge of the drivers seat due to my bare skin.

Anyway I'm so pleased you consider yourself such an expert !!

Last edited by Lenticular; 02-09-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Lenticular
Interesting first time post......almost arrogant one might say.

Anyway I'm so pleased you consider yourself such an expert !!
EXCELLENT...Why does everyone always have to "Re-invent the Wheel"?

Old 02-23-2009, 10:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now back to the topic:
So i used the Lexol cleaner and it was pretty harsh on my seats (only did the fronts) This may have been the first time they have seen any care, but other than having "dark" areas they were soft and looked good.

Now they have almost a rough texture to them in some places, mostly on the seat bottom. It's as if the Lexol conditioner isn't absorbing into the leather as it should. I have tried several coats.

Any suggestions? PLEASE?

Old 02-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Moderator &

Not sure how I missed that...

Quick Reply: Interested in King Ranch Leather Care? You Have Come to the Right Place! CLICK HERE!