King Ranch

Meguiar's Rich Leather Conditioner (bad results)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meguiar's Rich Leather Conditioner (bad results)

I just wanted to post a comment here about the Meguiar's Rich Leather Aloe Conditioner. I got a couple botles of this a while back after reading about it here. After 3 or so applications of it, initially it looks good, but after a couple weeks after this lst application the leather is looking REAL dry and has a noticable film over it. I'm gonna try some lexol on it (what I've used prior) and see if I can get it looking normal again. Anyway, just an FYI on my results with it. I'm not sure why this has happened, because I trust RP's advice on such matters. I was thinking maybe I'm going longer between conditionings, but I applied it less than 2 weeks ago. Any feedback or ideas welcome. :santa:

Old 10-18-2005, 11:40 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hmm.. not sure honestly. It very well could be over conditioning but, then again, maybe it's something more than that (like a bad bottle or something?). I continue to use it on my 05' and it yields excellent results for me...

Sorry I'm not more help here... maybe you stick with what you know and like ... ie: lexol. IMO, both are very good.

Further, you might give the Leathermaster system a try. This is a favorite of MikeF150... Connolley Hide Food is a favorite of Lenny...

I just realized something... this is another conditioner thread....

Old 10-19-2005, 09:55 AM
You're right, I may have over done it. I'm used to using Lexol wich is much thinner. I'm gonna order some of the KR stuff and see if I can get it back into shape with some light applications.

Old 10-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Oh Geez... here we go again!

One of these days, it would be great to pool all the info together in a spreadsheet detailing cost, availability and comments on each product. Sort of like a Guru Report on leather conditioner.... Between Lexol, Leather CPR, KR Conditoner, Connelly, Leathermaster, etc, etc, everyone has their particular favorite for whatever reason.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by MikeF150
Oh Geez... here we go again!

One of these days, it would be great to pool all the info together in a spreadsheet detailing cost, availability and comments on each product. Sort of like a Guru Report on leather conditioner.... Between Lexol, Leather CPR, KR Conditoner, Connelly, Leathermaster, etc, etc, everyone has their particular favorite for whatever reason.
Are you volunteering.....?

I know you have so much time on your hands !!

Old 10-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Funny you mention that.... I just tested and analyzed all of them this afternoon.... Leathermaster came out on top followed by Connelly...

Old 11-04-2005, 04:20 PM
FYI, I got some KR leather conditioner and applied it to the front passenger seat (the one most adversly effected) and so far it's looking much better. 24 hours after using the meguire's it was looking all cracked and dry. After a few days it looked as if noone had ever conditioned the seats with a faded dry look. After applying the KR stuff it's looking used but softer. I'll work on the rest of it this coming week probably. The back seats faired better, with only a dry scaley feeling to them. I'll see if I can get some before and after pictures of an effected area. I shoulda taken some of the one seat. Poor thing looked like an old wore out boot that had been sitting in the garage for a couple years.

Don't know if it'll be 100% again, but I can at least look at the seats now without wanting to punch something.

Old 01-17-2006, 09:41 AM
Where is the best place to get this Lexol product?? Sounds like what my Lariat needs. Its been about a year since puchase, so I figure its probably been a bit too long to go without treating the leather.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by jbziggy
Where is the best place to get this Lexol product?? Sounds like what my Lariat needs. Its been about a year since puchase, so I figure its probably been a bit too long to go without treating the leather.

I bought mine at the local western store. The shoe repair places have it also, but in smaller bottles.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Moderator &

Pep Boys has it on the shelf as well...

RP

Old 01-17-2006, 12:30 PM
As well as Tractor Supply Company...

Old 01-17-2006, 12:33 PM
As Brad mentioned the company can I give a plug for Pep Boys on I45 in Houston ?

Recently we had driven up from the Rio Grande Valley to Houston to pick up some friends flying in from the UK Friday evening to go on a cruise out of Galveston.
Saturday morning I went out of the motel to the KR (Expedition, which might clarify my "neither" response in the body style thread), with just a little time in hand for the 2 hour drive to Galveston.
The battery was flatter than several pancakes because idiot features here had for some reason switched the headlights to manual for the first time ever, and they had gone out...but not in the usual 30 seconds after leaving it in the car park...but over several hours through the night.
In total panic fearing 4 of us would miss an expensive cruise I called out a wrecker service who couldn't start it with a portable power pack or direct from the wrecker vehicle.
They took me on the wrecker with the Expy to a Pepboys about 4 miles away.
The manager was as calm as could be and immediately stopped anything else he was doing and with a high power portable pack started the Expy...much to my relief.
He absolutely refused to take anything in return even though I was trying to force a $20.00 bill in his hand....superb service and as I'm back in England now, if anyone should pass that way please mention the incident to him...it sure impressed me.
What's more the 2 hour drive to Galveston was enough to recharge the battery so that after a 12 day cruise it still started again on our return !

Old 01-17-2006, 01:37 PM
What part of I45 Lenny? I live on the North side. I will take my business to them!!

Old 01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Moderator &

Lenny,

Definitely a great story. It's rare to hear about that type of situation any more these days.... similar to you, I had a great experience at the Auto Zone on Russelville Road in Bowling Green, KY. I actually jumped on their website and sent a very nice note to 'whoever reads' website generated email and, a few days later, got an email back from the director of customer service for the corporation. Naturally, they were glad to hear of the 'kudos' that I was spreading and thanked me for being a loyal customer.

I'm CERTAIN that the mail made it back down the chain to that local store because, the next time I was in there, one of the same guys that jumped through hoops to help me waited on me again. I mentioned what I had done because of the excellent service I had from him previously and he thanked me on the spot... apparently they had an 'internal' customer service award going and he won it because of my letter(which, I think, consisted of a gift certificate or something). He deserved it!

RP

Old 01-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Skagel
What part of I45 Lenny? I live on the North side. I will take my business to them!!
Hi Sarah...how's things !?

The Pepboys I went to is about 4 miles south of Greenspoint on the Southbound side of I 45.
I actually called them tonight from the UK and spoke to the manager, Rick, who was very pleased that someone had taken the trouble to do that to compliment them on the service.

Is that anywhere near you....?

I'm sorry I should have thought about you when we came through last week....we usually go to Brios at the Woodlands though this time we went to Pappasitos, just north of Airtex.
We could have met up, but in fact only had one night in Houston before our flight via Philly to the UK and someone just had to do some last minute clothes shopping. (No..it wasn't me !)

Next time we come through we must meet up though I have a feeling that now it will be the fall as we are trying to move home here in the UK....to go to Welsh Wales !!!

Quick Reply: Meguiar's Rich Leather Conditioner (bad results)