King Ranch

Meguiar's Rich Leather Conditioner (bad results)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nope, not really near me at all, but when I am out shopping and I find myself over there I will deffinately stop in and pick up some detailing supplies at the very least.

And do give me an email when it comes time to come back to our side of the pond.

Old 01-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Pep Boys has it on the shelf as well...

RP

Thanks RP. Will stop on my way home tonight to pick some up. Appreciate the help, as usual. Thanks to the rest of you as well.

Jason

Old 01-17-2006, 11:03 PM
This topic gets a lot of repeat business on this site as you say. Although I only occasionally post, I do read everything. My observation over time is that whenever anyone gets in trouble with their leather, they seem to go back to the KR Conditioner to solve it. Maybe we should all just stick with that. All the stories of bad results come from people trying this or that product. Meanwhile, it seems like you almost never see anyone write in to tell of the trouble they had with KR Conditioner. Personally, this is all that gets used on my KR. The leather looks, feels and even smells great. However, to each his own. There must be some magic to the other products that keep people coming back to them. Best of luck with whatever works for you. These really are beautiful trucks.

Old 01-24-2006, 03:56 PM
New to this forum, joined today. BTW RP, I am a fellow Kentuckian, live in Okolona.

Does anybody have any experience with this product?

http://www.obenaufs.com/index.php?os...17f2b58ce99f22

Old 01-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome aboard! Glad to see yet another KY KR owner... especially when they're across town! Where'd you buy your KR? Collins?

I haven't seen any chatter about Obenaufs but, it looks like a reputable company... if you try it out, please let us know your take on it!

Again, welcome!!

RP

Old 01-25-2006, 10:02 AM
Yes, I have been a Collins customer for years. I get "A' plan pricing since I have a brother that works at the truck plant. I work in Bluegrass Industrial Park. There is a 2002 Estate Green Screw that parks at a business around the corner from my place of employment. I have also seen other KRs in the area.

I haven't tried Obenhaufs yet. I found it doing a web search for leather care products. A friend of mine is a Mequiar sales representative. I asked him about them. He was not familiar with them. He then gave me a sample of Mequiar's Rich Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. I haven't tried them yet, kind of waiting for warmer temperatures to use it.

The thread about redying the seats looks very promising.

Old 01-25-2006, 10:28 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by KingRanchMan02
Yes, I have been a Collins customer for years. I get "A' plan pricing since I have a brother that works at the truck plant. I work in Bluegrass Industrial Park. There is a 2002 Estate Green Screw that parks at a business around the corner from my place of employment. I have also seen other KRs in the area.

I haven't tried Obenhaufs yet. I found it doing a web search for leather care products. A friend of mine is a Mequiar sales representative. I asked him about them. He was not familiar with them. He then gave me a sample of Mequiar's Rich Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. I haven't tried them yet, kind of waiting for warmer temperatures to use it.

The thread about redying the seats looks very promising.
Interesting... Where's the Bluegrass Industrial Park? I work with oodles of industries in the area but, for some reason, I can't place that one... my office is over in St. Matthew's -- across the road from Trinity.

Like you, I get Z plan (same as A) pricing. Father-in-law is a tranny plant retiree... You have got to love the almight PIN number!

Meg's sales rep eh? I used to work a little side-gig with Meguiar's Wax Company -- I may know the guy.

I agree 200% on the redye thread... In fact, I agree so much that I contacted the company about franchising and such...

RP

Old 01-26-2006, 10:06 AM
Bluegrass is out in Jeffersontown, off of I-64 at Blankenbaker Rd.

My friend that is the Mequiar's rep is Kent.

Your work is as a geologist? I was talking to my son about going to college to study Geology. He loves the outdoors and he and his friends go camping and hikiing all the time. He would thrive in this field since he does not want to be in an office all the time.

I was thinking about the franchise thing too. I also went to that companies website and found that there is nothing in our area. Hmmmm.

Old 01-26-2006, 08:56 PM
Moderator &

Ahh... I thought I knew that area.... That's where NEC (National Environmental Consulting -- Asbestos/Pb guys) and PACE Oil Supply is located...

Need any environmental assistance? Permitting? (sorry... I had to toss in a marketing plug).

Not sure I know Kent... My involvement was minimal however, I did meet a few people.

Old 01-27-2006, 09:44 PM
RP,

I order a Small Combination Pack from Obenhauf's today. I will let you know how it works when I try it out.

Last edited by KingRanchMan02; 01-27-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:51 PM
RP,

Ordered the Obenauf's last Friday, got it yesterday. Will let you know how it works out when I try it.

BTW, I was on I-64 west this afternoon around 1:30. Was that you that passed me near Hurstborne Lane? It was a black `05-`06 SCrew 4x4. The driver was on a cell phone when it passed me. I was on my way to a doctor's appointment, office off of Shelbyville Rd at Hubbards. I remembered you saying that your office was across from Trinity H.S. I drove by that area and found the same KR? It has a WKU plate on it. I didn't notice the license plate when it passed me.

Old 01-31-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by KingRanchMan02
RP,

I order a Small Combination Pack from Obenhauf's today. I will let you know how it works when I try it out.

I spoke with a Robert Grover of Obenauf's regarding the use of their products on our KR leather and he stated that they have had excellent results on the Castano leather (fully anilined hides). But he did mention a bit of darkening that will occur and recommended doing ALL of the leather.

I'm looking forward to your next post with your results (before and after pictures would be nice).

Regards.

Last edited by cjw3cma; 01-31-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:43 PM
Moderator &

Ruh ro... I have a stalker.

It wasn't me on 64 -- I was out of town all day today but, if you saw a black KR in the St. Matthews area with WKU plates -- it might have been me. One sure fire way to tell if it's me is to look for the IKRFTOC sticker on the drivers' back glass.

Keep us posted on the conditioner!!

Quick Reply: Meguiar's Rich Leather Conditioner (bad results)