King Ranch

Hurricane Rita

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hurricane Rita

Well the ranch truck did not like hurricane rita. It ended up with a cedar tree on top of it. Dented the cab,hood,fenders and the front bumper, along with breaking the windshield. Luckily everybody is o.k. the truck can be fixed, hopefully. I know everybody wants pics, since we are living in a hotel in houston not able to do that.

Old 09-30-2005, 10:22 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh man... sorry to hear that tbre. I am, however, glad to see that it looks like you all are okay...Best of luck on the road to recovery...

Old 09-30-2005, 10:44 AM
Sorry about your truck. I am in Houston and recieved no real damage myself. I have a friend staying with me because she still has no power.

You and your family are welcome over for a real dinner if you are simply sick of eating out.

Sarah

Old 09-30-2005, 02:20 PM
We evacuated up to east texas still had level 2 huuricane winds for a few hours. no power(no ac),water. We found the national guard on sunday. been living on MRE's since. Eating out will be a nice change for awhile.

Old 09-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Major bummer but you do have your priorities right for sure. Glad all is well on the personal safety front. Hope this season winds down now...

Old 09-30-2005, 03:43 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
My son and his wife evacuated from beaumont with her family. They went to Cotten Port LA, which turned out to be only slightly better. They are now in Houston temporarily, still have not been able to get back to their home in Beaumont.

Old 10-01-2005, 03:39 PM
We went home on thursday, since I work for the USDA I was able to get past the check points. Starting monday I will be driving back and forth to beaumont from houston to start doing damage assesments. It is a mess over there.

Quick Reply: Hurricane Rita