King Ranch

Retire early -- become a reseller of KR Merchandise!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Retire early -- become a reseller of KR Merchandise!

Have you guys looked at the recent auctions on ebay?!

License plate frames that you can buy from the KR Saddle shop for $8 are selling for almost $40 + $10 shipping. Outrageous!

Mugs that you can buy from the KR Saddle shop for $22 are selling for over $26.

The $35 hitch plugs are selling for about $45.

There's even a sweat-stained, used hat that sold for $13! Would you wear this?!

The $9 leather conditioner routinely sells for between $13 - $20. Here's the latest great deal you can get on leather conditioner: How about a 300% premium?

What the hell is going on? Are people this stupid? Is King Ranch missing the mark here, as it appears that the market value is more than the retail price?

With the 20% off coupon and the 10 - 50% markup that ebay morons are apparently willing to pay, you could open up a KR reselling shop and make a killing!

Last edited by 67L48; 08-25-2005 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has been going on for some time !

EBay has regularly sold items like castano purses and check book covers for far more than the Saddle shop price.

It may just be that purchasers are unaware that this retail outlet exists, though you would think that with search engines etc. it wouldn't take long to come up with the correct (And economical) method of purchase.

But then...E Bay constantly confounds me anyway.

I take great care with my spelling when listing items. I read and re-read several times over, both before submitting a listing, then check once more when the listing appears.
I also design what I hope are attractive and informative HTML listings.

YET on E Bay I constantly see the most appalling grammar and spelling, even on substantially priced items.
The detail given is often minimal to say the least.....and yet there are always lots of people bidding on the items.

It's a strange world.

Old 08-25-2005, 02:32 PM
I've been wanting to discuss this for a few weeks now. I just can't believe the prices they are getting! Makes ya just want to email the people bidding and let them know about the KR site...

Old 08-25-2005, 06:20 PM
I gave up on most of the stuff there when I saw a hitch plug hit $65. The fun part is knowing how much the stuff costs at the Saddle Shop even without the KROC discount (thanks RP ) , and watching people get stupid trying to beat everyone else out on ebay.

Old 08-26-2005, 05:53 AM
Talking PayPal is a world unto itself...

... and it's not just KR products.

7-8 years ago there were wonderful bargains to be found on Ebay but today it's a seller's market.

I bought PDA on Amazon for $150 and 3 months later sold it on Ebay for $660!!! HUH?!?!?

I had a close-up photo of a camera accessory with the price tag of $29.99 showing in the photo- it sold for $45!?!?

These are items that are readily available for $150 and $29.99 respectively yet people get caught up in the "auction" and spend far more than the retail price.

P.T. Barnum was right- there IS a sucker born every minute... and most of them spend their evenings bidding on Ebay!!

Gotta love it,

Steve

Quick Reply: Retire early -- become a reseller of KR Merchandise!