King Ranch

Brand New KR - Leaking Water Already!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brand New KR - Leaking Water Already!

Howdy all.

Well, until today, I've been just absolutely in love with this new truck. I thought it was pretty much perfect, which it *nearly* is, so far. At the front passenger seat, there is a handle along the windshield. there are two cosmetic pieces covering what I presume to be screws. It rained here all day and I had it outdoors for a good while. Noticed water leaking in from the top cosmetic piece. Seemed to be worse when I had the nose angled down. It stopped raining for a while and the water went away. I thought maybe the door hadn't been closed tight, but then I would have had a "door ajar" alarm. Went out to dinner and it started raining again (made SURE the door was shut). Got home, backed into the garage (which points the nose down quite a bit on the way up the driveway) - sure enough: water everywhere.

Man that sucks. Too much money went into this baby for such a thing to occur right away. I see from searching this forum that this is an ongoing problem for Ford. Anyone else had this problem with the 2005 KR? Did it leak at the same point? What was your fix?

I have a million more questions for you seasoned veterans, but I'll stop at this for now. Gotta catch a flight early a.m. so I don't want to stay up too late thinking about the truck again...

Old 08-12-2005, 09:00 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There have been a few folks that have reported leaks in the 2004/2005 forum... I would suggest searching within that forum. Best of luck man... that is a total bummer. While it shouldn't be happening, it's something that can be taken care of...

Old 08-12-2005, 10:28 AM
I hope you find the problem.

Water ingress can be an absolute pain.....I'm sure water can flow uphill when it has a mind to do so !!

Old 08-12-2005, 09:12 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by Lenticular
I hope you find the problem.

Water ingress can be an absolute pain.....I'm sure water can flow uphill when it has a mind to do so !!
Artesian baby... Artesian.

Old 08-13-2005, 03:19 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Artesian baby... Artesian.
Well, well, well !!!

Who'd have thought ?

(Your turn Brad !)

Old 08-14-2005, 02:27 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
There have been a few folks that have reported leaks in the 2004/2005 forum... I would suggest searching within that forum. Best of luck man... that is a total bummer. While it shouldn't be happening, it's something that can be taken care of...
Yeah, it's a bummer. And yeah, it can be taken care of. It's just really, really disappointing. First new vehicle in about 12 years. I'm out of town for a few weeks and won't be able to deal with it until I return. I'll post back when it gets sorted out...

Old 08-14-2005, 09:28 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by Lenticular
Well, well, well !!!

Who'd have thought ?

(Your turn Brad !)
I think the geologist in the group thought it. LOL!

Back to Pb... grr.

Quick Reply: Brand New KR - Leaking Water Already!