King Ranch

Just got my 05 KR and a question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my 05 KR and a question.

I just got my King Ranch 4x4 and love it. I can't believe how much more comfortable these seats are over the standard Lariat seats. The only thing I did not like is the feeling of lack of power... time for Mike Troyer to deliever me a tune for this thing as there is quite a bit of untapped horsepower in the stock 3V 5.4. I really enjoy the audiophile sound system as well....
My question to everyone - Have any of yuo done any more with the sound system? I would like for it to hit harder, and I would also like to get a DVD player in there... in the dash, not overhead. Any leads on places to look at that sort of stuff?

Old 06-26-2005, 06:58 PM
Congratulations on your new KR! You'll have to post some pictures for the rest of us to see

As far as your audio question, you might head over to the AV forum and check out some of the posts there - a lot has been contributed on DVD players.

I am unsure how you would get more "punch" from the factory system - I assume you have adjusted the bass upward already. You might find something on this in the AV forum too.

Good luck.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Cub Cadet
I just got my King Ranch 4x4 and love it. I can't believe how much more comfortable these seats are over the standard Lariat seats. The only thing I did not like is the feeling of lack of power... time for Mike Troyer to deliever me a tune for this thing as there is quite a bit of untapped horsepower in the stock 3V 5.4. I really enjoy the audiophile sound system as well....
My question to everyone - Have any of yuo done any more with the sound system? I would like for it to hit harder, and I would also like to get a DVD player in there... in the dash, not overhead. Any leads on places to look at that sort of stuff?
Congrats on your new KR!! Post some pics.
As far as DVD's go, I am still waiting on the ever elusive Eclipse 5495. It's similar to the 5345 but it has a hard disk and a few other features. You basically have to decide if you want a flip up screen or an in dash screen - which is what the Eclipse is. Go to the 'Mutlimedia and Navigation' forums and you can see a variety of choices.

Old 06-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Cub, here is a pic I found of RamSS/T's stereo...

Quick Reply: Just got my 05 KR and a question.