King Ranch

color matched door handles?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
color matched door handles?

Sorry if I should have looked someplace else but am too much of an amateur to look and try to find....

I have a 05 oxford white kr and the black door handles kind of bug me sometimes...have noticed on earlier trucks and other models that some have color matched door handles...

I also believe that I have seen some aftermarket chrome door handles on some new body style f150s.

Thoughts...love the forum by the way....thanks whoever does everything.....

Mas

Old 03-04-2005, 06:37 AM
You might want to consider painting your own handles. My KR is black and the door handles were already black (glossy) to match. The tailgate door was the dull rough black and I refinished it as shown below.

The toughest part will be removing the handles. Then it will take sandpaper, patience, finer sandpaper (I went to 1200 grit wet) and more patience. When you think it's done, do it one more time. Follow with primer, sanding, color coat 1, sanding, color coat 2 and clear coat. Finish up with paste wax and buffing.

Dave...

Old 03-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It has been done on an 05... let me do some searching. I'll post back with a link shortly... I think the thread was in General Care and Detailing honestly...

Old 03-04-2005, 08:57 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The guy that did it is dzervit...

The thread where he describes his process is HERE.

RP

Old 03-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Is that the only way????

I certainly hope not as I am a TOTAL AMATEUR when it comes to anything working on a car or truck except I did put in my soft tonneau cover and my rubber bed mat. Do you think that sometime in the next model year or so there might be color matching door handles?

Might somebody know of a body shop that would do this or somebody here with lots of experience to do this for a bunch of us?

Anybody have any guess as to what a body shop would charge?

Sorry so many questions...thanks for your prior answers rockpick.....

Mas

Quick Reply: color matched door handles?